BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default new chaos space marines models

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=12200090[/url]

the picture of the thunderwolf cavalry on this page, the base a thousand sons head an torso, now unless its from a basing kit which I am pretty sure it isnt, it does not match any of the current available thousand sons models neither the head nor the head dress, so although chaos might not be next it certainly seems they have models ready for them at least!
    http://malletman40kfantasyhobby.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

That head piece and the dead marines on the base are included in the thunderwoæf box. it says so in WD and on GWs website

So no its not a early look at them

/end thread
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    That head piece and the dead marines on the base are included in the thunderwoæf box. it says so in WD and on GWs website

So no its not a early look at them

/end thread
    disappointment attack.

Librarian

it would not be a big stretch of the imagination to think that since they have 1k sons corpses on 2 new SW kits that they may be in the pipeline though.

but then prospero burns and a thousand sons are coming next month to audio book (this month but back end), and we all know the basics at least of the SW 1KS feuds.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    it would not be a big stretch of the imagination to think that since they have 1k sons corpses on 2 new SW kits that they may be in the pipeline though.

but then prospero burns and a thousand sons are coming next month to audio book (this month but back end), and we all know the basics at least of the SW 1KS feuds.
    Oh yeah. This for sure. I have to think that the inclusion of these bits in the SW sprue is basically a "look what we can do and may have coming" from GW. And I love it.

www.queencityguard.com

Fly Lord

I agree that this may be an teaser for a future releases.

New cult troops are said to be in the works for the upcoming Chaos Legions codex, and those Thousand Sons have a slightly different aesthetic than the existing ones. They didn't just chop up one of the existing models and cast it in plastic as a terrain bit - which would have been the easy thing to do.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I agree that this may be an teaser for a future releases.

New cult troops are said to be in the works for the upcoming Chaos Legions codex, and those Thousand Sons have a slightly different aesthetic than the existing ones. They didn't just chop up one of the existing models and cast it in plastic as a terrain bit - which would have been the easy thing to do.
    This^^ The cowl on the Thousand Sons pieces is quite different than what we've previously seen.

www.queencityguard.com

Thousand sons torso still looks awesome. Can't wait for the next couple months for the new models to come out.

The only thing i hope is that they don't come out in finecast...

Yeah, I would have to agree that these could be based off of current scuplts that they may be shooting around. I think that it would be silly to commit R&D into an item to only have it used as a basing material. It could have been a failed attempt at making new 1k sons moulds that they ended up scraping however, and now they just found atleast some use for them. Who knows though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast