BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i'd try increasing the amount of Storm bolters in the army, have a couple of shooty DW squads (Assault cannon, SB + PW Sgt, 3x SB + PF). plonk them in somne decent cover near an objective. they may not have great range but 24 inches is still decent enough to deal with hordes (given that they usually are moving to you, except maybe foot guard with massed HWT's).

see my post here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20145[/url]

for a better rundown of my choices.

Brother-Sergeant

Well, from what you've said, the only really bad match ups you've got in your local group seem to be the Foot Orks and maybe the bugs. Some of the other ones are more mobile than you, but your missiles should mitigate that a bit.

I'm with everyone else though, if you're just having trouble with the foot horde, Missile Launchers on Cyclones and Typhoons and Stormbolters on your Terminators are good things to have. The scatter on your blast templates can be annoying, but if you're dealing with a true foot horde, well, that takes up a lot of real estate. It really depends on how good you are at rolling scatters. If you're good at it, then missiles are your friend. If you're not, it's time to look toward Flamers, Land Raider Crusaders and cheap Dreadnoughts to just tie units up.

Cheer's for the replies guys, It's been really helpful.

In my previous match-up I have had a lot less Deathwing on the field. (I used to run a full Ravenwing Assault SQDN + 2 speeders), I haven't actually had a match up yet since I have changed my force, but with a couple of tweaks here and there I should be fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123