BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So, I mean, they could do it, but it might be tricky to do right and not just cheapen the setting with low-quality fluff.
    THIS.

I mean, I love the IK&warmachine fluff, but in all honesty Warmachine is one step lower than IK was. Doug Seacat is a wonderful fluff writer for the amount of space he gets in each book, but I'm sure he doesn't want to see his vision of the IK ruined by short terms.

There will be novels. It's the sound of inevitability. But it will take a few more years, or it will be Space marine battles kinda crap. And I'm sure Matt Wilson won't allow that.

Scout

It would be a very good news. I love so much this universe that i own all the warmachine / Hordes books.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Obama View Post
    There will be novels. It's the sound of inevitability. But it will take a few more years, or it will be Space marine battles kinda crap. And I'm sure Matt Wilson won't allow that.
    I don't quite understand why this would be such a bad thing.

Take the major battles they only briefly gloss over in the army books and turn them into full length stories. The Space Marine Battles books have their place. They're action movies. The Iron Kingdoms isn't above that.

And lets not kid ourselves; the stuff in the army books is serviceable, but it's not going to be winning Gemmels any time soon. And that's okay. But expanding sooner would only benefit the universe more.

Granted, they may actually have to kill a protagonist for real if they do any of that....

www.queencityguard.com

I've been trying desperately to get all the back stories and such on certain characters. It's hard though as a lot of the old faction books are now out of print and hard to come by (at least in my area). Took me months just to get hands on Deneghra's backstory.

I know it's a bit weird but... I've actually been really enjoying the cross-referenced research that results from the multiple sources of fiction, especially now that I have twenty-some old NQ issues. There's a rather odd joy that comes from reading about how the Morrowan church tried to help Nyss refugees, and what the Nyss sought to protect, and how everything got ruined, and now several stories later I want eGoreshade despite not really caring for his rules. That active pursuit of more information than can be found in just one book really adds to the fun (for me, anyway), though naturally it's all the more infuriating when you're missing the pertinent book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnbjorn View Post
    I know it's a bit weird but... I've actually been really enjoying the cross-referenced research that results from the multiple sources of fiction, especially now that I have twenty-some old NQ issues. There's a rather odd joy that comes from reading about how the Morrowan church tried to help Nyss refugees, and what the Nyss sought to protect, and how everything got ruined, and now several stories later I want eGoreshade despite not really caring for his rules. That active pursuit of more information than can be found in just one book really adds to the fun (for me, anyway), though naturally it's all the more infuriating when you're missing the pertinent book.
    I feel the exact same way! A collected fluff book would be useful, but having all of these disparate books and magazines makes it so that I learn a lot about things I wouldn't look into otherwise.

Brother-Captain

PP's stuff is like watching an old 80's toy cartoon, and this is not a bad thing. While much of it comes off as a merchandise parade they aren't afraid to push their properties into new and interesting places. I really enjoyed the interactions at play in the Mercenary section of Wrath. It showed how much Kreoss has changed since his description in Prime Mk1 and how character warjacks can be a problem if you don't watch them.
    They aren't all winners though, Domination was pretty boring but set up some really interesting things. Things that appear to be coming to a head judging by the Colossal promo art. That there isn't something like a Chronicles of the Immoren seems like a real loss. There's supposed to be some neat stuff in the campaign fluff too, but I've never seen it and I'd like to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123