BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default 1500 Minotaurs list

I am entered in a 1500pt tourney at the end of April. I am building a Minotaurs Chapter (from IA 10 but using the vanilla ‘dex) and have a few models already painted, but I need some help in filling out the list.

I am a player who likes to give my opponent a good game and have fun. I try to win, but I do not expect to. I want to use some TH/SS Terminators. I modeled the termies with some Spartan shields and I am happy with how they look, so they’re in. I also have a “Captain” with a Spartan shield and spear, so I have to include him as well. That being said, on to the list…
    -Captain SS,PWpn
    - 10 Tacticals melta, heavy bolter, PWpn in a Rhino
    - 10 Tacticals melta, lascannon, PFist in TLHB Razorback
    - 5 Tacticals TLLC Razorback
    - 5 Terminators (3TH/SS, 2LC) in LR Crusader
    - Landspeeder Heavy Flamer, Multi-melta
    - AC/LC Predator
    -AC/HB Predator
    This gets me to 1500 on the dot.

Theory is that the 5 man squad sits on an objective in the razorback taking potshots at enemy armor assisted by the combat squad with lascannon while the LRC and remaining Tac squads move forward. Predators on the flanks with landspeeder trying to earn their points targeting threats.

Alternatively, I could drop the landspeeder and replace with an attack bike and add a multi-melta to the LRC. I could also switch the 5 man tac to an assault squad and gain 65 points depending on kit. They would get a free Rhino and would be more effective in assault, but I would lose the TLLC and the ability to claim objectives. I think that the LRC is necessary to deliver the termies, but I’m not 100% sure.
    Thoughts anyone?

Been thinking of running something similar, and here is what you could do;
    -Make the 'Captain' a count-as librarian, depending on how heavily you converted him. Stick him with the Terminators and LRC. Then if the LRC gets blown or immobilized very far away you can Gate the squad 24", its the fail safe for when things don't go your way - and the LRC with be a high priority target. Also get the extra armor on it as well, helps a bunch, along with the MM if you feel like it, but thats a point filler imo.
    -Go all 5 TH/SS, never seen the need for the claws, unless you've already got them built and ready to go, in which case it doesn't really make that much of a difference.
    -For the ten man tacs go either MM or ML. The heavy bolter really isn't needed, and the lascannon makes targets very one dimensional. At least with the MLs you can hurt anything (frag or krak) and everyone is scared of MM. Oh and drop the power weapons, but thats just personal preference of making the tacs cheap as possible.
    -TLLC on the Razorback is also iffy, go with LasPlas or just stick with the HB.
    -Drop the Predators to AC/HB each.

All that should save you around 90ish points, depending on what you do. That can get you another a Typhoon or a couple MM attack bikes or w.e else you want, depending on how you tweak things.

Oh and don't go with the assault marines, if I read the post correctly. Very never really worth it.

Scout

Thanks for the reply. I've been staring at this list so long, I can't see any changes...

I have been contemplating throwing the libby in there as opposed to the captain, so I might do that. The storm shield would be an extra 10 points, but that can be scrounged up . What would you do for a second power? I'm seeing a lot of Avenger, but in a LRC that probably wouldn't be worthwhile. Null Zone would work with the termies...

I'm going to try the claws out on the termies for this tourney to see how they do. I like the idea of multiple initiatives to spread the pain on the enemy. I've magnetized all the arms, so they are easily adjusted.

I know the heavy bolter isn't the ideal choice for heavy weapon, but I like the look of it so it will likely stay. The lascannon is another matter though. I usually have a lot of ML in my lists, but all my models are currently red and not bronze. I will strip a few and repaint.

Why do you feel the TLLC razors are iffy? Is it the points cost, or just the one shot that you don't like? I thought that as an objective camper the TLLC would at least have something to shoot downfield, but it is a pricey touch. Do you find you fire the plas enough to justify it going to las/plas?

For the librarian I'd run either Avenger or Null Zone, depending on who you are fighting. If its something like a Draigo wing go with Null, vs nids or orks or something go Avenger, depends on what you see your opponent bringing out.

TLLC are iffy because you're spending 35pts for one shot a turn, at best. And then what if its wasted on firewarrior squad or something? versus the LasPlas where you can always fire at something and be bound to cause some hurt. Or just save the points if you need to.

For example sternguard can take one for just 15pts each, throw a 6 man squad with a couple LC into a Rhino and you have a very effective unit that can deal with anything for 215pts. Your Tac squad on the other hand is costing you a minimum of 165pts, but is no where near as effective as the SG. Come to think of it, do that if you can with the points you saved.

Btw you can buy a LasPlas turret on ebay without having to make one yourself

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alternative-Las-Plasma-Gun-Turret-for-Razorback-/290637539679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ab58 e95f[/url]