BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Scout

I run in a 2k list 3 drop pods and 3 grey hunter units on foot, i believe that long fangs are the only really good long range option that wolves have for their points cost. They make up for the mid to short range game that wolves excel at.

Veteran-Sergeant

You can replace the Long Fangs with Wolf scouts! I myself run 1 unit Long Fangs, 1 unit scouts, 1 lascannon dreadnought and 2 las/plas razorbacks with grey hunters for long ranged anti-tank. 2 rhino's with grey hunters, 1 rune priest with living lightnig (shooting out of a rhino is great with unlimited range ), Lord on Thunder wolf and thunder wolf calv. to fill in the rest. The rhino grey hunters and thunder wolves are anti tank and infantry. Works fine for me!

Just make a list that seems fun to you, play a lot and you know the strenght of your army wich makes you win the battle! Also make a build know one seen before and you'll catch them of guard, everyone expects the 'standard' lists, so if you make something completly different they don't know what to do or expect!

Battle-Brother

You can make a viable army without fangs, but they definately are a super unit for their cost.

Scout

Goatboy just posted an article on the main page where he went to a tourney without taking Long fangs and did fairly well. Check it out.

Scout

very interesting..........
    The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the enemy - the enemy will know.

I have a soft spot for the Vindicator. In a mech heavy army, a Vindie or two can present some really hard choices for your opponent's target priority. Yeah, they do suffer from being easily neutralized with a spot of bad luck, but they can also ruin just about anything in the game. And when you are pushing tow of them forward with several Rhinos full of Grey Hunters, it is a big psychological advantage.

Plus, I've found the siege shields and resulting ability to move them with total disregard for difficult/dangerous terrain can surprise opponents as they maneuver in unexpected ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123