BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default Maybe the dumbest space maring question ever...

In the space maring codex, it says that Tac squads are equipped with bolt pistols [I]and [I] boltguns. Does that mean that I can choose to fire with my bolt pistol instead of the boltgun in the shooting phase and then still assault in the assault phase?

Yes. I'm new and I'm playing codex marines.

Yes, that's exactly the point of having both. You would really only choose to fire the bolt pistol if you also wanted to assault. (or had exchanged the bolter for something else)

It also mean that sergeants who exchange their bolter for a close combat weapon (other than a powerfist) they will get the extra attack for having two weapons.

Its acually a real nice bone they threw to the current codexes, I rember haveing to choose in the previous chaos codex one or the other.

Veteran-Sergeant

I remember when u had to buy the pistol lol and grenades lol

Thankfully yes. When I first started playing, with AoBR as marines, I would always get annoyed cause I'd run up, rapid fire, and then get charged and murdered by orks Never knew at the time that I could shoot 1 less shot and get the charge.

Yeup, sadly they don't have a close combat weapon also....honestly if rambo can carry a knife why can't genetically enchanced super soldiers?

Brother-Captain

It does drop you from two rapid fire short range shots to the one pistol shot, but that's a fair trade off for the ability to assault as well.

The best use of this is with Devastators. I've done it many times where the opponent is in position to assault and I'll shoot and assault with pistols rather than keep firing at big stuff with the devs like they anticipate me to.

Still upsets me that space wolves got the pistol the ccw and counter attack for a negligible raise in cost. Still don't a sergeant is worth a ccw for the whole squad and counter attack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast