BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chaplain

Pretentious in the way the "Egregious Englishman" uses those "five dollar fancy words" way. (E.E. is a character a friend and I developed once. Very high society type sneering at the lesser people and using lots of "big words.)

Shaming room? That's what I call the exam room when I have to get a check up with a doc.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Librarian

So droll is a fancy word when an Englishman uses it, but egregious isn't when an American uses it.

Your neuroses are showing, my dear.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Anyway..who is this "Jane" anyway?
    for those of you much younger than I, "Jane" is Jane Curtain from Saturday Night Live in the mid 70's

In Counterpoint sketch Dan Ackroyd would begin his argument with the afore mentioned phrase

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k80nW6AOhTs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k80nW6AOhTs[/URL]
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Chaplain

I'm 36 so I can't rightly remember anything from the late 70's. But I'm well familiar with Dan Ackroyd. As well as all those old school funny guys you don't see anymore.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234