BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rules Problems

Initiate

this is all about vulkan. first off (this seems redundant), does vulkan twin link his own gaunlet? ive heard it go both ways. as for the reasons, thats just one of those fun ones.

if you take vulkan in an apoc game along side sisters, would they benifit from his twin linkings. would sisters benefit in a normal game if allied?

Yes Vulkan Twin Links himself, and unfortunately the Sisters as well. Personally, I don't think it should happen, but there no stipulation like Khan to need to have Combat Tactics in order to use it.

Also, there is an entire sub forum dedicated to rules questions, making this thread a bit redundant.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    A vehicle isn't a unit. It is a model or vehicle.
    I don't know where you are getting this from.

A vehicle most certainly IS a unit. Everything in the game that has its own movement is its own unit.

Page 5 under unit types to be specific.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Unfortunately ramming is a type of tank shock , thats why the discussion exists
    That is like saying that a scout biker sergeant can take an astartes grenade launcher because scout bikers can take them, when in fact they are different (just like ramming and tank shocking). A scout bike sergeant and a scout biker are different. Ramming and tank shocking are different.

A vehicle isn't a unit. It is a model or vehicle. So it would use the ramming rules. But if it where true, a real life example would be that car with the cylinder hits the side of a car once, one hit, rolls up a little, two hits, rolls up some more, three hits, and does this until it potentionally goes all the way across the car. Its a thought.
    Interesting idea but the kinetic energy would be lost in the initial collision. If the vehicles was strong enough to roll over another (sort of like a monster truck or even treads pulling it) then it would always be able to do that whether there was something extra tacked to the front or not.
    Last edited by Rapture; 08-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.

@rapture
    pg 69 MRB "ramming is a special type of tank shock move and is executed the same way, except that the tank must always move at the highest speed it is capable of."
    deffrolla rules:
    "any tank shock made by a battle wagon with a deff rolla causes d6 s10 hits on the victim unit."

it goes on to say about death or glory, but vehicles cant opt to do that in the first place, so no 2d6 s10 hits.

@warpcrafter
    you are being verry generous.. as i use one, and it DOES krump other vehicles! of course i always resolve the "ramming" rules first, before i say, and now the deffrolla hits.

hot shot lasguns, are pretty much ruled as not being your run of the mill "lasguns".. i think somone did a ruling on it.. not sure..

about the nid thing, as i commented before, in planetstrike, things are different, and they are gonna get bloody.. but just play to have fun. the choice is really up to the attacker, and i would say they get without number aswell.. just for pure ****s and giggles.. imagine them coming in on giant boogers from the sky.. i mean.. its just how i see it..

and yes, vulkan can be nasty, allowing the sisters to twin link every single damn thing and make everyone cry..

@ n-bomb
    about the valkrie transport thing, we rule 2 inches from the base around it.. just think they using drop ropes like from a helicopter.. otherwise they really couldnt get out from the transport being THAT high up.. XD

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by warpcrafter View Post
    A problem came up on another forum and they were unable to solve it because a couple of members insisted on being children about the whole thing, so I'll pose the question here and hope for the best. It says in the rules for the Ork battlewagon's Deff rolla that it gets D6 S10 hits against any unit that it tank shocks. Now it doesn't specifically say anything about this being against infantry/cavalry only, but it seems to me that when ramming a vehicle, it would only get a single ramming attack at the standard strength, because otherwise it would be an absolute vehicle destroyer. Am I wrong or just overly charitable to my enemies?
    I have asked around myself about this and the answer I get from EVERY GW store is the following:

The deffrolla Will work against vehicles as it is used instead of ramming (ie: you lose the ability to ram when you equip it), however you will not get the 2nd d6 as vehicles cannot death or glory(walkers can though).

Now I know the arguement will ensue about GW store employees not really knowing ll of the rules and such but they are the tournament organizers and judges for their store. Besides if each store I call says the same thing..... maybe they do know something.

Veteran-Sergeant

A vehicle isn't a unit. It is a model or vehicle. So it would use the ramming rules. But if it where true, a real life example would be that car with the cylinder hits the side of a car once, one hit, rolls up a little, two hits, rolls up some more, three hits, and does this until it potentionally goes all the way across the car. Its a thought.
    I also have a question. With the order First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire, does this order work on Hot-Shot Lasguns. When someone said it to me I was outright no, but I mean it says lasguns in the order and they are lasguns, albeit hot-shot ones. So far I've not tried for the sake of I try not to be a jerk. But I'm all for using the rules to their greatest potential.
    Talking to the group I play with, and I'm the IG player. The answer was no as it spells out examples of other weapons that it doesnt work with. Myself I can go either way.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

This comes from the BoLSCon FAQ packet. If you're planning on attending, you may want to read up on this...

ORKS

Q: Can I use Deff Rolla on vehicles?
    A: No, ramming is a separate subtype of tank shock.

Q: Can Ork Trukks ram other vehicles?
    A: No.
    Just FYI, This is going to be the ruling at BoLS con, right or wrong. So however you play it at home this is how it's gonna work at BoLSCon.
    Last edited by AdamHarry; 08-03-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarification

Why exactly can't Trukks ram other vehicles? I can see no problems with it :S
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    Why exactly can't Trukks ram other vehicles? I can see no problems with it :S
    Ramming is a tank shock, only tanks can tank shock. The Ork Trukk is not a tank.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast