BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Battle-Brother

Default Your favorite board/card games

Hey all, I'm a new user and while I really enjoy 40k I don't get a lot of time to play it. What I do get to do though is play a lot of board/card games every Thursday. Some of my favorites include-

Dominion- So simple and elegant in game design and very easy to pick up and learn.
    Castles of Burgundy- I've found a pattern in this game and simply broke it!
    Citadels- While I don't win often at it, I really enjoy how this game plays.
    7 Wonders- Wish I had more people to play this one with. Only played the basic game but really like it.

So how about the rest of you? Any games that really stand out to you?

Veteran-Sergeant

Board Games:
    Axis & Allies, when I can find someone who is willing to play... Not often, unfortunately.
    Careers - an old board game from Parker Brothers
    Monopoly
    Risk
    Scrabble & Upwords

Card games:
    Rook - all versions
    M:TG - but I'm not very good, and don't have many cards
    Apples to Apples
    Most games played with standard playing cards
    MUNCHKIN!

Other:
    Scattergories
    The Game of Things - always quickly becomes R-rated if not NC-17.

Are we counting Warhammer Quest as a board game?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Are we counting Warhammer Quest as a board game?
    Sure, they have an entry at Board Game Geek!

I forgot to mention I love playing Hearts and Tichu, though admittedly I am absolutely awful at Tichu.

In that case, Warhammer Quest. Never really played many card games beyond poker and canasta. Oh and bridge.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    In that case, Warhammer Quest. Never really played many card games beyond poker and canasta. Oh and bridge.
    You must play Apples to Apples ASAP. 'Tis awesome, especially after everyone has had a beer or two.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Dominion is a favorit, just got the new D&D legends of Drizzt too, turning out to be good.

Heroscape is a fun one, and was my gateway game into tabletop gaming. When I want a less conflict oriented game I usually go for Settlers of Catan/Canaan or Citadels (though that does have its share of conflict, depending on who you play it with).

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    Heroscape is a fun one, and was my gateway game into tabletop gaming. When I want a less conflict oriented game I usually go for Settlers of Catan/Canaan or Citadels (though that does have its share of conflict, depending on who you play it with).
    I haven't had the opportunity to play Settlers of Catan. I'm assuming it plays similarly to Castles of Burgundy. Is it a build game that eventually leads to victory points in some fashion?

Oh, played Pandemic the other night. Wow, that one is hard to win at!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisken View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to play Settlers of Catan. I'm assuming it plays similarly to Castles of Burgundy. Is it a build game that eventually leads to victory points in some fashion?

Oh, played Pandemic the other night. Wow, that one is hard to win at!
    Never played Castles of Burgundy, but yes, it is a build for points game. However, the presence of the Robber and the Longest Road award introduces an element of indirect conflict between the players.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast