BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    Heroscape is a fun one, and was my gateway game into tabletop gaming. When I want a less conflict oriented game I usually go for Settlers of Catan/Canaan or Citadels (though that does have its share of conflict, depending on who you play it with).
    I haven't had the opportunity to play Settlers of Catan. I'm assuming it plays similarly to Castles of Burgundy. Is it a build game that eventually leads to victory points in some fashion?

Oh, played Pandemic the other night. Wow, that one is hard to win at!

Puerto Rico - Great game that doesn't rely of random chance. It's all about the tactical decisions you make. No dice rolling, no random cards.

Small World - Fun land grab game with a light heart, fun races and plenty of tactical maneuvering.

Stone Age
    Power Grid
    Ticket to Ride
    All games my wife and I regularly play.

Really, check out boardgamegeek.com.

Scout

Descent (but only when my Dungeons and Dragons group has no time)
    Battlestar Galactica
    Talisman

Quote Originally Posted by Krisken View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to play Settlers of Catan. I'm assuming it plays similarly to Castles of Burgundy. Is it a build game that eventually leads to victory points in some fashion?

Oh, played Pandemic the other night. Wow, that one is hard to win at!
    Never played Castles of Burgundy, but yes, it is a build for points game. However, the presence of the Robber and the Longest Road award introduces an element of indirect conflict between the players.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Etriagn View Post
    Descent (but only when my Dungeons and Dragons group has no time)
    Battlestar Galactica
    Talisman
    I really like Descent but it takes forever to set up.

Another great game that can take a long time and is also cooperative like Descent is Arkham Horror.

aah, Arkham Horror. First and only game I played I managed to lose the police cab in some alternate dimension

Battle-Brother

Played a couple more games tonight I hadn't before. Homesteader, a build/resource game was kind of fun (though I'm still not sure what a winning strategy is after just one game), and Qwirkle, a block game where the various shapes and colors are combined to make patterns that are worth points. I think Qwirkle was a better game (brilliantly simple) but they are definitely different types of games!

Battle-Brother

Zombies!!! is always a fun time, especially if you have max players since everyone eventually turns on each other and things get really crazy.

The Real [URL="http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4893/the-real-ghostbusters-game"]Ghostbusters[/URL] boardgame is pretty fun though its also best with max players as the game can be really short with just 2.

Marvel/DC/Image Overpower was a favorite back in highschool, still have all the cards just no one to play against.

The Wrath of Ashardalon has been a good so far. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it is one of the few games my gf will play with me so I thought it deserved a mention.

I've been wanting to play Arkham Horror and I've also had my eye on Super Dungeon Explorer...

Have some fond memories of A&A from military days, some friends and I had a game going for a week! Finally just all decided to quit. Apples to Apples is really fun and I have to agree with Lord Tothe, a few drinks makes the game even better.
    Corny faith and musty sorcery are no match for a good Gauss blaster.

ooh lists
    Could go on, but current faves

Race for the Galaxy has been a long time favorite of mine.
    Dominion, though falling out of favor
    Seven Wonders, played recently, seemed fun. Would need to play more.
    Arkham Horror, forever favorited.
    Star Trek Tactics has caught my eye.

And the almighty Warhammer Quest!!

I wish I played Chaos in the Old World more aswell.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have a fun board game called [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solarquest"]Solarquest[/URL]. I also need to find people who play [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrace_(board_game)"]Terrace[/URL]
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast