BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Saw a review on Summoner Wars and it piqued my interest. Has anyone played this and is it any good?
    My blog Scratchbuilt 40k- http://scratchbuilt40k.blogspot.com/

Scout

nice littel boardgame to play:
    - funkenschlag (powergrid in english). Very simple basic rules, but enough decisions and path from there to make it interesting. Basically you buy powerplants, expand you energy network, buy resources for the powerplants (except for renewable energy) and get money for the amount of cities you supply. Victory goes to the player who can supply the most cities at the end of the game. And since the connections costs vary, the buyable powerplants are random and the resources are of a limited supply (and money every time too little), it gets quite interesting.

Great game

Munchkin!!!! I love that little game so much. It mocks my childhood with D&D without making me feel too bad about myself for loving it.

Also, Settlers of Catan.

Scout

Munchkin, Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil and Blood Bowl: Team Manager are my favorites right now. I just got Super Dungeon Explore, so I need to try it out to see if it gets included into my favorites.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ash SOTA View Post
    My fav board game right now is Dust Tactics, the only problem is finding people to play with.
    Saw that at the game shop. Looks awesome.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

I just recently got Settlers of Catan: Cities and Knights, and it really makes Catan into a more strategic, cut-throat kind of game. I like it a lot with my friends.

Settlers of Catan is awesome, and has been my favorite board game since I was introduced to it a little over a year ago. The expansions (Seafarers, Barbarians, etc) are also good and really add some new dimensions to the game. Here's a pretty good review of the game if you're interested: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTV03kCoDIw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTV03kCoDIw[/URL] Tom Vasel does a really good job with his board game reviews.

I recently picked up Merchants & Marauders but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Has anyone tried this one?

For card games, my favorite is Euchre.

Robo Rally: so much logic and planning in the turn, so much chaos when some one pushes you one space!

settlers of Catan, Talisman

It's surprising to me so many people like Settlers. I personally HATE that game. Something just... irks me in exactly the wrong way!

Arkham Horror is so bland. So many rules. I've explained this in depth (not really) in another thread.

My favorites:
    Drunken Uno

Drunk/drinking Munchkin (every time you gain or lose a level, you drink a number equal to what level you're at; drink 1 to equip an item; etc)

Twilight Imperium - OH I love this game. So brutal! The expansion makes it perfect, the main box is a little too easy to win, even with 6 players

Dominion - GET THE EXPANSIONS. This game gets very boring after a few dozen play-throughs and the expansions add a bit of dickery into the game. Very fun. Plus, there are homemade rules for more than 4 players (turns get FOREVER long though... you've been warned)

Illuminati - Classic dickery game. Plus it's hilarious. And really hard to play drunk.

Paranoia - I know it's not a classic board game, but it requires a single d20 and some paper and pens at it's absolute core. We play a lot when we're on road trips, since dice don't matter and you can't know rules.

I have so many more, but those are my true boardgame loves.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast