BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

War Buggies!

I was thinking of throwing in three killa kans since they are nice big "hey look at me units" while my boys run in with the diversion (super fun looking models also, also if you get them up close with flame throwers equipped they can do some nice work.Lootas are a must and try to have two units on either side of the board, it helps keep them alive longer by dividing the enemies shots up. I also was hearing at my local store that having a wall of gretchin in front of your boys helps keep them alive as they get into close combat, haven't tried it tho so maybe if someone has experience can say for sure.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Hi,

I got the orks from the black reach set and now I have a small ork army. My recommendation would be to:

1: Get the battleforce like you said. Keep the bikers, have your nobz and warboss in the trukk, and make 20 shoota boys.

2: Pick up 1-2 Units of Lottas/Burnas You decide what you want but I'd say lootas for their anti-tank ability and their weight of fire.

3: More boyz. Buy another 20 for either 2 units of 30 or 3 of 20. Yuo need boyz

4: Finally, if you still want more I would say grab something fun. Probably killa kanz and/or commandos are "fun" even though the aren't the most competitive.

That should bring you well over 1000 points. Have fun!
    I have the BR Ork half, a box of Boyz, and one box of lootas/burnas. I know I need lots of lootas to get the dakka to a killy level, so I'm not really sure if that's the route I want to go. And fire is fun.

Battle-Brother

I started with the Black reach set and now have over 7000 points in Orks. It can get carried away real quick. T

The models I always seem to use are: Lootas, Big Meks with force fields, Battle wagons with deffrollas, Deff Koptas and Shoota Boyz.

It kinda boils down to what style you want. I don't go for green tide that often so I try and have more fast lists with a couple large units to hold my objectives.

I do have a stompa and love that model. My last game was a spearhead and I was immobilized and had lost 2 structure points. I repaired my self then the following turn charged a shadow sword and made it go apocalyptic which killed a ton of orks, but it was so awesome.

Scout

Although I don't use special characters much, I've had hours of fun with Zoggwort. Like my Shokk Attack gun, he doesn't work well very often, but when he does, it's hilarious. Squig!Draigo, anyone?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by marsdonut View Post
    I been trying to find jetpacks I like to attach to my remaining NOS blackreach for quick stormboyz, but thats a whole other topic. Good luck!
    Just make some rockets yourself or better yet glue a boy to a firework

Occuli Imperator

What one needs in a Ork army is Boyz, Boyz and more Boyz!
    In my own army based on AoBR I've fleshed it out with some Nobz (though I prefer more Boyz and they will eventually jsut be squad leaders of Boyz units) and handful of trukks, couple of buggies some more boyz (liberated from Gorka Morka) and some lootas

Start scratch building some stuff. Scratch build trukks, bikes, deff koptas, lootas, Dreads, Killa Kans, Storm Boys, etc. It's easy and fun.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

You could always convert those Deffkoptas into bikes to go along with the bikes in the Battleforce. That'll give you a decent sized squad. I've seen some pretty cool conversions done before.

i personlay went with the battle force. but get what ever you would like to paint there are alot of guys in an orc army and if you dont like painting them it will never get done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast