BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons, and other WIPs...Pic heavy

I've been working on these for a bit, heavy in the painting stages, and minor conversions now. Figured I would throw them up here for some critiques. I've definetly gotten too close to the project, so the more opinions the better. Thanks for any advice. On to some pics....

squad pic as of now

some individual shots, please forgive the photos, I've recently started a Blog and in my hurry to start was using my phone. I'm fixing that issue currently...

Will get some more individual pics up here shortly.

Still have to add some more coats, highlights, details, and touch-ups. As of now I am considering doing the weapons a glowing green.

We'll see, this all fall into my New Year's Resolution to paint and build more, and not focus all my hobby time on competative play. Again any help comments, or critiques are welcome.
    Last edited by LittleSilverGuys; 03-05-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: can't spell

Very nice - A good Gold tip:

Definition can be achieved by using a brown-ish wash in the recesses (Gryphonne Sepia is pretty good), and adding a bit of mithril silver to the highlights on extreme edges. Those things help reduce the 'gold blob' effect that gold metallics tend to have.

Thanks, I'll try that out, right now they are primed and have some basecoat. I've been slow painting them up till now, cuz I know what i want them to look like, but not sure how to get there. I will try that out on a test mini before I continue any further.

Battle-Brother

What bits are you using for the legs w/ robes?

Scout

I have the same question. The robes are pretty cool.

Nice, these are so much prettier looking then the blue and yellow scheme. They actually look like an army that I would take seriously if i was facing them and not confused if i got lost in a clown tent. Keep up the good work and are the robed legs from dark angels?(taking a guess stab at the answer )

I like the look man, but I'd get rid of those mold lines, they seriously detract from the gold.

Battle-Brother

The legs are from Maxmini or Micro Art Studio, I was going to use them on Scarab Occult but had other ideas mwahaha

One of my friends is going to be using Thousand Sons for a Heresy Era campaign coming up soon in my group of friends, I will make sure to link him to this.

Initiate

Hi,
    youve done a good start and keep going on.

i also got a tip for simple gold painting. If you use black primer, then stat with scorched brown, or an equivalent. Then overpaint the whole area witch tin bitz or another tin-colour.
    After youve done this, then use the gold-colour you want for.

If u can see the tin-colour in the darker areas it gives your miniature more contrast and deepness. Try it out.

kind regards

Obermutant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast