BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Question Chaos Space Marine Rhino

I've been curious, other than all the spikey bits that make a Chaos Space Marine Rhino look...well more "chaos-ey", are there any other major differences between the Chaos and "regular" Space Marine Rhinos? Do they come with different weapon choices for their turrets or anything to that effect?

Banned

Combi-Bolter Pintle weapon, Chaos Marine hatch rider, and the Havoc Launcher are the main things that are included besides the spikes.

Battle-Brother
    Northern Quebec, Mistissini (near Chibougamau)

I honestly see little difference in them as they are the same kit, so to me the only way to really make them stand out is either custom conversions, or at the least legion doors, which is the route I went for my Night Lords.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, main reason I ask is that I have a ton of regular Marine rhinos and figure I can pick up some of the chaos flavored bits a bit more easily. I figure if I'm going to buy anything at this point, it will be Razorbacks to have the extra turrets.

Still, all my riders are marines, not chaos space marines.

...and then there are the havoc launchers and such. I guess I'll have to commit one way or the other. Thanks!

Banned

The Chaos Vehicle Conversion Kits are sold separately, so that is an option. And the Launcher is points-expensive, so not used that often.

Also remember that Chaos Marines do not have any current access to the Razorback, so unless you are just doing spiky Marines, all those extra turrets are almost useless.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, all those extra turrets would go to use with my Space Marines armies. Early on all I bought were Rhinos (for various reasons ranging from its what came in the Battle Box to getting great deals on them on Ebay). I was left wanting Razorbacks in alot of other games but always had issues buying the Razorback upgrade sprue (since Razorbacks are only $2 than Rhinos).

Just something I'm toying with fielding. But with all the rumors of a new codex and of course 6th edition, I keep wondering if I should just sit and wait for the next "AoBR" set.