BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYMtgsSl5k&feature=fvsr"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYMtgsSl5k&feature=fvsr[/URL] jump to 4:30

Essentially what you are after, or at least as close as we can get for our abilities.

That's exactly what I was going to say a AA-12 Shotgun with Frag 12 shells = Bolt pistol
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

bottom line was that gyrojets didn't offer a significant advantage over their solid projectile brethren to warrant much investment. Maybe that changes when your facing down hulking orks and tyrranid warriors. Though in some terms modern military weaponry actually beats out the guard. but we're mostly good at taking down tanks, and shooting IG. Definately not prepared to take on orks or the like.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 03-07-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chaplain

The AA12 really is an impressive weapon. I'd loved to get my hands on one and mangle a shooting gallery.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I'm not suggesting it would actually be practical or fulfill a combat role that sorely needs to be fulfilled. Creation of one would just be for pure fun and the sake of doing it.

Since a bolter's rocket rounds are explosive and rocket rounds would lend themselves to light armor piercing it could perhaps serve a light ant-armor role. But the military already has plenty of ways to deal with that. Such as the Barrett 50 caliber rifle.

With fragmentation warheads it would work great against infantry. But the military already has an abundance of ways to cut down infantry.

Essentially a real bolter would just be a whole lot of firepower in the hands of one trooper but it would not be necessary.

I'm only thinking it'd just be fun to make one.
    The Barrett 50 can deal with light armor, but the shooter needs to be able to hit an life operator for the shot to do much. If the ammo could be timed to puncture the armor or a wall where someone is hiding and then fragment once inside the vehicle the bolter could be a useful man-portable anti-armor/sniper weapon.

Chaplain

The U.S. Military is looking in something around a .50 cal round that is optically guided for use in sniping. From the sounds of things they have gotten the servo miniaturized down to the point of being affective. A fellow that was quoted in the piece gave a price range of "less then 100 bucks a round, but somewhere over a buck per round."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12