BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

As always looking awesome.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Brother-Captain

Woah, nice sculpting indeed. Those are some great textures you've got going on there.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chaplain

My Orks haven't got any love these days. I see a used Baneblade kit for 15 dollars at the event I won the painting award at. I hear my Big Mek yell out in the back of my mind "I WANNA LOOTS IT, YOU GIMME DAT OR I KRUMP YER SKULL IN"

It sat on my shelf all bright and yellow and today I am all... hrrmmm might as well slap some Ork stuff on it lol.

And here is the Skullhamma so far after "dunking it in crazy glue and rolling it in Ork bits" I probaly need some plastic card and giant straws to finish it. The gunners are not glued on, they just sit there nice and snug. The tank kommanda is also removable.

My Orks aren't as fancy as my Nids or Daemons, so I tend not to show them much. Their main scheme is red with a black zig zaggy pattern, and they use red and white warpaint on their skin. They also like to collect bones and skulls, but they are not dedicated to Khorne. They actually like to fight Khorne devotees so they can loot all their skulls xD. Here is a silly photo way back when, because I had to do this lol. My battlewagon can switch from normal to deathrolla mode easily. You dont even need magnets. I have touched the wagon up, its a little more cleaner looking now lol.

Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 04-02-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

very nice

Chaplain

Here's all that I have been doing this past month Hobby wise. I apologize for the lighting in some of the photos. Once the weather is nice and sunny, I will be taking a bunch of better quality photos of my touched up gribbles.

Here is how the Tervigon is looking at the moment. The head is finished and attached to the body. I had to do some sculpting on the neck to hide that bloody gap. I also have her claws all assembled. They just need some final touchups. I used Wormwood's crazy glue and baking soda trick here. I am using that combo for life now lol.

My perfectionist also kicked in hard again, and ended up touching up some things on a few models. I got Gansta Tyrant (Named because of the sideways pointed devourers) as a used model and it didnt have the dew claws. I had left overs from the plastic kit, so I crazy baking soda glued them in. Since they are way bigger then the normal metal dew claws, I call them curb stompers lol. Swarmys tail was also bothering me big time. I needed to blend it all together, as the slap together look was driving me crazy. I did that tail years ago and I can do better now. I put the new Swarmlord bits on before hand, as my old crappy GS swords were driving me insane.

My Trigon Primes pose was bothering me, as well as the omnom prime mouth of nommage. I removed the old Carnifex jaw I used in there, and replaced it with the jaw of the T-Fex head and the Tervigon tounge. Also repositioned the limbs a little bit.

And on the topic of Trigons, I finally got some motivation to finish Scarfaces base. Now all 3 are a happy family now!

And a funny little tidbit while I was finishing Scarfaces base. I felt something fall on my head. I am all ... whaaa? Then I go meh and get back to work. Then I felt something big crawling down my arm and it was one of these gribbly wonders, a full grown one too: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata[/url] Maybe it was a blessing from the Sky Mother.
    Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 04-22-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Chapter-Master

the tervigon is looking SWEET! What did you make the claws out of? It looks like termagant bodies + some extras.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    the tervigon is looking SWEET! What did you make the claws out of? It looks like termagant bodies + some extras.
    The wrist is the knuckle part of the 3rd ed scything talons. It comes on the Warrior big gun sprue with the rending claws. The fingers are Termagant midsection legs. I have a bunch of them due to a devilgaunt conversion I did for a contest. I won scarface from said contest.

Here is the conversion for the curious: [url]http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Paintcontest/littleones/krewl/[/url]

I have the devourers mounted into the chest cavity, hence the midsection arms being modified.

Chaplain

Here's a little display shelf tour. I really need a bigger shelf so I can actually display EVERYTHING :<

Thumbnail doesn't work here, and I cant directly put it into my post, because its HUGE and will rape the thread size and make slower internets cry.

The flash washed stuff out, but its the only way I can get photos due to my room being too dark.

[url]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/500/shelftourofdoom.jpg[/url]

Chaplain

My creativity ebbs and flows. Then sometimes it just wtfsplodes all over the place lol. I have been having another dry spell mojo wise, and then it comes back like being hit in the face with a brick lol. Thus, the Tervigon is almost done.

I decided to give the Apoxie Sculpt a test run on the "birthing sphincters". It was quite the trial and error experience for this stuff likes to leave a funky residue on your hands when you mix it. And then its pretty crumbly like play doh until it cures a bit. Even with the rough first time date with AS, the end result was, I love this stuff lol! It was way easier to get this type of pattern with the AS over the GS, since the AS was more forgiving.

I am also having a hate period with the Toxin Sac biomorph. I have grown to hate those fidgety dumb tics so I am going to start representing toxicity differently now. With my Hormagaunts, I just used different scything talons. So I am going to take that approach with other models, with just giving them some unique feature of dispensing poison. With the Tervigon, its the tail and the sacs around her jaw, which pump poison into the mandables. I still like the little adrenal glad bugs, since they are easier to place and dont look so random, and the one on the Tervigon is nestled under the jaw.

Anyhow here's the photos:

And then... here's Tervigon number 2 in WIP mode! One thing I am unsure about is the tongue length. Would it be better shorter?

Veteran-Sergeant

As always looks awesome.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast