BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I really like the herald. Very interesting conversion, will probs steal it.

Scout

I really adore the red on your Khorne flakes

Awesome greenstuffskills. For your Tyranids you might try thinned down brown wash on everything to blend things together even more.

Those daemons are amazing. Good job on the Nurgle daemon prince.

The nid has a cool color/pattern but it's missing something. Awesome work though, I think it's something With the black...

Brother-Sergeant

I really need to learn how to sculpt green stuff! you did a great job with it. Do you have an recommendations on how to learn to sculpt with it?

Veteran-Sergeant

practice, lots of practice I have seen Krewl and she has been working at it for 4 years.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by splnes View Post
    The nid has a cool color/pattern but it's missing something. Awesome work though, I think it's something With the black...
    My scheme has heavy contrasting colours. I dunno if I want to shade the black in fear of loosing the heavy contrast look. It is drybrushed with gray a bit, because that's the only way I know how to do it... its something with the black paint that makes it rather glossy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiecow View Post
    I really need to learn how to sculpt green stuff! you did a great job with it. Do you have an recommendations on how to learn to sculpt with it?
    As for learning to sculpt, when I was younger I did play with fimo and plastercine alot. I have gone though a lot of phases with my art, and I am back to painting and sculpting these days over drawing. It was a bit rough for me getting back into the sculpting thing, especially at this level, but I have been at it for 4 going onto 5 years now like Skari said (I know him irl), and the difference between my old and new work is insane.

Chaplain

Soulgrinder got a shinies!

Can't believe I won that! There was some very solid entries, some had better blending too.

Got a lot of positive comments on my Soul Grinder too. I might just have to make that insectoid one that's been floating around in my head, but gotta get a hold of some Arachnock Spider legs first :<

Chaplain

I am back into Tyranid mode again lol. Still working on updating the scheme of my older models and working on a SH Genestealer painting commission on top if it all, and then my new Tyranid kits on top of it too, aaaaaa too much hobby xD

With my new Flyrant, I want to try out the pouncing pose like HF Molochs Flyrant. This should be easier to do now due to this kit being plastic.

Those spare spines from the T-fex/Terivon kit that go on the belly if you make it into a T-fex. Thing is, I am unsure about those "due claws". The feet kinda look a bit busy with all those stabby bits lol. The head is not glued on.

And then here is how the feet are looking currently.

And I started work on my Tervigon. There is a few design details I want to improve upon, and its looking good so far.

First is the head. I want to make it look more intelligent, and making the mouth smaller did the trick! With a huge space under the chin now, it became the perfect spot for an adrenal glad symbiote to make its home. I also added some "predator" like webbing between the two mandibles. I have to finish the other side of the head still. Have to wait for one side to try before doing the other.

The gaunts busting out of the eggsack looks a bit painful too, so I turned the tear into a sphincter opening.

It's also dumb that the kit didnt come with pair of non combat arms. I am going to have to make some clawed hands. One arm will be pointing forwards in the direction the gaunts are facing.

Dont mind those mold lines and "sprue cliff off tumours", they will be filled off.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast