BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Scout

Default New Thunder Wolves

Hey Folks,

I am eager to know what you all think about the new Thunder Wolf models? Are they better or worse than some of the alternatives out there?

I hate to admit it, but I think they're better than any of the third party efforts I've stumbled across.

The shields are terrible, but the rest are actually pretty good - a refreshing change from the disaster that they named Canis.

They are pretty good, but so too is some of the 3rd party offerings. Big advantage: they are plastic.

Initiate

I think that the level of detail is on par with what GW has been putting out lately, and personally I think that they are eclipsing the Third party sculpts. If the other models had the same level of detail to them...then it would be a closer race

They're better in my opinion.

Of course, I think the most popular 3rd party TWolves, Mr. Dandy's, look like cartoon characters drawn by an autistic four year old.

So who knows what my opinion's worth.

The new wolves are amazing. The shield can be switched easy. The necon shield may have found a home. the small wolves are great.

I was expecting something a lot better out of GW, they did disappoint me.

I do like the thousand sons heads on their bases though.

I am definitely picking some of them up they look the part and can be bought from my FLGS...don't have to order from mother Russia or something

GW somehow managed to make them look less rediculous than my imagination but I just don't like the style of the wolves, the way the fur is done puts me in mind of the new(ish) ogre kingdom beasts and doesn't look grimdark enough for me.

Veteran-Sergeant

they look awesome! just finished a box of fenrisian wolves (could only snag one box before they all sold out, why oh why didnt i add more to my preorder!!!) about to start my twolves today! cant wait!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast