BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i think these guys look great and in a suprise move my G.W actualy seem to be cheaper then a lot of 3rd party who could have seen that coming?

Scout

I went ahead and got the GW ones, but will the 3rd party ones still be legal in a tourney?

I really really like them. Gorgeous models. The new Nids are great too. Oh, too many things and not enough time/money!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Scout

the thunder wolves look great. I just cant stand the tiny little bucklers they are using for storm shields.

the models are sexy, just put the feet on before putting the wolf body together. plus how the SS go on the hands I will never know,I just took normal arms and attached the SS to that

I haven't had time to get any yet as my gaming funds are tied up in battletech but I've been curious in how these new plastic wolves compare to the mythicast ones.

From the pictures they seem to be about the same size and might even be of a similar style with the mythicast ones having more fur on their bodies. I also imagine the plastic will be just a wee bit sturdier than the resin ones..though I've not had to many problems with the mythicast material.

So anyone out there with both types that can tell me if my assumptions are accurate?

Chaplain

I don't like them at all, they don't make any sense to me, why are marines riding dogs? How does a massive dog increase their toughness? How do they gain a 3++ with a SS that can't even block the majority of the model? How do the wolves spines not snap when they jump a rock and a 700+ pound man in power armour (who's not even really strapped down), comes crashing down on his spine? I hate dogs...their so not awesome. Wheres my space marines on tigers, I DEMAND KITTY MARINES!
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Their faith in the emperor and hatred of his foes overcome any trifling matters such as people's need for rationality in a scifi faery tale horrorverse .

Battle-Brother

I had bought 6 from Bits Pudlo, they came out to be about 35 dollars a piece, plus I had to supply the space marine bodies and arms. These are a good price, I little smaller than I thought they would be, but alot of good bits in there as well.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by George Labour View Post
    Their faith in the emperor and hatred of his foes overcome any trifling matters such as people's need for rationality in a scifi faery tale horrorverse .
    Figured that would be said, ah well I still don't like them and be honest, Marines + Tigers = Awesome Sauce.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast