BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Blu stuff review

Was very surprised I didnt add this when I did it and since it was old stuff day last week here is my Blu Stuff review I did

[url]http://minimusingofabear.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/blu-stuff-review/[/url]

Hmm...that's interesting stuff. Can it work as a casting medium?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Far Seer View Post
    Hmm...that's interesting stuff. Can it work as a casting medium?
    What do you have in mind?

As it does set solid with only the smallest bit of give/bend. I cant see it working with say plaster as would imagine it would be a pain to get out.

Green stuff and milliput is fine but I am unsure about anything else

Veteran-Sergeant

While your initial impressions are promising, I'd like to see a follow up after you have a bit more of the experience you as yet lack.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Licens View Post
    While your initial impressions are promising, I'd like to see a follow up after you have a bit more of the experience you as yet lack.
    I have generated ork banners (skulls, teeth etc.) with no problem at all.

I have also started work on using it for scarabs and necron warrior chest pieces to cover those lost when converting up deathmarks.

Looks promising, it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like it has problems with hard edges especially with the engines, have you had any better luck waiting for it to cure completely? Would it be any better with brownstuff/milliput (as they seem to handle hard edges better when sculpting)?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Skoby View Post
    Looks promising, it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like it has problems with hard edges especially with the engines, have you had any better luck waiting for it to cure completely? Would it be any better with brownstuff/milliput (as they seem to handle hard edges better when sculpting)?
    It does handle edges better if you are more patient with the GS curing. But as you would expect from GS you will not get seriously crisp lines from things like the engine block.

I have yet to it with Brown Stuff but milliput does ok