BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aervyper View Post
    As much as i would love to see it i just can't see GW doing it. There is a website out there (someone could find the name but i forget off hand) that sells everything blood bowl, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. If we look at the last two box sets we get Space Hulk, and Dreadfleets. I think Space Hulk probably did better just on the simple fact that you got unique playable 40K models out of the set. This is purely speculation on my part. I just don't know if there is a market for it. You would have to dip into all the armies and such and this is yet another plastic mold that GW doesn't have time to make. The company can't release stuff on a timely fashion as it is and we you want another game added to the mix. I think if you make blood bowl you just can't go and make a box and say that's it. Best of luck to those hoping it comes out and i too would be interested on seeing it released. I think GW needs to focus on other things though.

ttfn
    The main reason for the success of Space Hulk (and the lackluster performance of Dreadfleet) comes down to nostalgia.

Space Hulk was a near perfect copy of the game many thirty-somethings played and enjoyed as kids. Dreadfleet should have tapped the same vein, but GW opted for a standalone game, when the nostalia players really wanted to play Man-o-War again.

If GW did Blood Bowl again, its a safe bet we'd see an outstanding stand-alone box, but no new miniatures outside what comes in the box (probably Humans and Orks)

Even if it were just a standalone box, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Now if they released a handful of teams for $45 and one could either buy one or pick two to get both and a field/tokens and such for $100 I'd give them all my money.

I heard a rumor on Dakkadakka, that it will come with 4 armies. Orks and humans for sure. What would the other two be?

Dwarfs and Elves would be my guess. That would give a nod to other editions of BB. I know I can't wait if it is BB this year.

So thiis this years rumoured mystery box ?

Yeah, Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs and Stock-Elves'd make sense.

If they wanted to make fans happy though, it'd be Orcs, Norse, Wood Elves and Chaos Dwarfs, with a big guy for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyespy View Post
    If GW did Blood Bowl again, its a safe bet we'd see an outstanding stand-alone box, but no new miniatures outside what comes in the box
    I agree with this. I love Blood Bowl and would love to see new releases for it in any format, even just two new teams! There has also been a concern expressed that they may change the rules with a blood bowl release. However, you could easily use the new miniatures and pitch with the old blood bowl miniatures and rules. Ther is no reason they shouldn't be compatible. Blood Bowl is a fantastic game, I hope it gets some love!

Chaplain

I still have my Space hulk, sealed and still in the bag it came in. I’m not a collector I bought it so my friends and I had something else to do but it got forgotten.

Have to say it would be nice to see another mystery set out, though while marking it’s 25th anniversary would be a good move I think if they did one it would be a 40k one as dreadfleet was fantasy.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by waaght View Post
    However, you could easily use the new miniatures and pitch with the old blood bowl miniatures and rules. Ther is no reason they shouldn't be compatible. Blood Bowl is a fantastic game, I hope it gets some love!
    My problem with this is that you could end up with people playing different rules. I have only two buddies that play BB with me and they are not as in to gaming as me by any means, so I have to play in store or with any group I kind find as I am unable to be a regular at any gaming group I know of.
    When Heroclix switched rule systems it split the heroclix club I was part of then in two. It didn't last much longer after that , all due to lack of continuity.
    I'm not saying that a new ruled Blood bowl would a catastrophic disaster but I think I fear my favourite game being mucked about with.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    My problem with this is that you could end up with people playing different rules. [...] I'm not saying that a new ruled Blood bowl would a catastrophic disaster but I think I fear my favourite game being mucked about with.
    That's a good point. I hope they stick with the current rules to avoid a schism in the BB community, but as you say, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast