BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dwez you made my day ! How could I foget its astrogranet tm

Scout

I disagree space hulk was an exact copyof 1st and 2nd2nd edition. The extras you speak of came in expansions and whitedwarf. Same great game (i owen the 1st two)
    And as for bloodbowl humans orks dwarves.

Scout

I've never played blood bowl but would definitely have to give it a try with this possible new release

Quote Originally Posted by Mytaru View Post
    Blood Bowl was first released in 1987 That would make this year its 25th Anniversary (if my dates/maths are correct!)

Source warseer [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?334631-What-s-next-for-40k/page6[/url]
    It would be soooooooooooo nice !!!!

As much as i would love to see it i just can't see GW doing it. There is a website out there (someone could find the name but i forget off hand) that sells everything blood bowl, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. If we look at the last two box sets we get Space Hulk, and Dreadfleets. I think Space Hulk probably did better just on the simple fact that you got unique playable 40K models out of the set. This is purely speculation on my part. I just don't know if there is a market for it. You would have to dip into all the armies and such and this is yet another plastic mold that GW doesn't have time to make. The company can't release stuff on a timely fashion as it is and we you want another game added to the mix. I think if you make blood bowl you just can't go and make a box and say that's it. Best of luck to those hoping it comes out and i too would be interested on seeing it released. I think GW needs to focus on other things though.

ttfn

Veteran-Sergeant

If they did, I might get around to playing BloodBowl on the tabletop instead of just on my PC...

Scout

I hope they do a special anniversary blood bowl set, its one of my favourite games

when i saw this, i thought it was going to be an expansion for the video game, but a box set would be nice too

Quote Originally Posted by Aervyper View Post
    As much as i would love to see it i just can't see GW doing it. There is a website out there (someone could find the name but i forget off hand) that sells everything blood bowl, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. If we look at the last two box sets we get Space Hulk, and Dreadfleets. I think Space Hulk probably did better just on the simple fact that you got unique playable 40K models out of the set. This is purely speculation on my part. I just don't know if there is a market for it. You would have to dip into all the armies and such and this is yet another plastic mold that GW doesn't have time to make. The company can't release stuff on a timely fashion as it is and we you want another game added to the mix. I think if you make blood bowl you just can't go and make a box and say that's it. Best of luck to those hoping it comes out and i too would be interested on seeing it released. I think GW needs to focus on other things though.

ttfn
    Dreadfleet came out of the blue [pun intended] with no figures to support other games. Taking into account Man o'War with all the various races ships that's why they did a mix in the box. BloodBowl would work similar to Space Hulk in that GW already does sell BloodBowl figures so there would be renewed interest in those and if they can make Finecast copies of those maggot-like Rippers, Old One Eye and the Red Terror [WHY?] then why not replace all the BloodBowl metal figures with Finecast [which they probably make more profit on anyway]?

The only thing they need to do is ensure the pitch is decent, they could do it card, fabric sheet like the Dreadfleet map or my bet would be a proper plastic cast pitch akin to the battleboards therfor justifying whatever price they wish to sell it at. The game only needs to be supported until the limited stock runs out and it refreshes sales of existing miniatures, economically it makes sort of sense.

I'd love to get playing Blood Bowl; I narrowly failed to buy a team way back when, and regretted it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast