BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Death Company 1000pts

Hi all

So I have been toying with the idea of starting a small BA list and after much thought figured it would be a laugh to give the DC a go. I know in any objective based games I am in a spot of bother but I dont plan to take marines seriously. So here is the list;

Astorath

DC with Jump packs x12 with 1x Power fist, 1x infernus pistol

2x DC dreadnoughts (blood talons) w drop pod

an extremely low model count but hopefully the dreads should act as a very serious threat to give the DC more chance to get up the board.

My main questions is should I drop a dreadnought to make room for some more marines?

i would put some extra power weapons into the DC so you be getting some sure kills in cc. otherwise you only aming for drawn in cc.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mytaru View Post
    i would put some extra power weapons into the DC so you be getting some sure kills in cc. otherwise you only aming for drawn in cc.
    Fists, PW or mixture??

Scout

I'd aim for at least one power weapon extra, those armour saves can and will ruin your day at some point. With Astorath going first, then the DC, then the fist, that should handle most assaults I reckon.

Brother-Sergeant

So what are peoples thoughts on dropping DC to 10 and using points for extra stuff on them and throw left-overs at the dreads?

Librarian

This list is broken, and it will not win a game.

But I love it; it is glorious.

Seriously, just run it as you've written it, and see how it does. I guarantee that your opponent will not be expecting it, and that you'll get crazy stuff happen before your inevitable, crushing defeat. It will be magnificent.

Glory awaits you!

(I would recommend running several DC with power weapons, just to kill Marines)

Occuli Imperator

I always run my DC with power weapons not jump packs.
    Last time I ran a big death company army we ended up having to capture objectives
    Then ended up raging round the board

I would definitely go with more Death Company over the Dreadnoughts. The Dreads can be killed with a single lucky shot, and all of your opponent's anti-tank will be fired at them.

Here's an interesting list:

Astorath 220

2 x 7 Death Company 530
    -Power Fist, Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol

7 Death Company 250
    -Power Fist, Infernus Pistol

This gives you some much-needed Melta, while having enough targets to make it at least a little difficult for your opponent to table you. I love the theme of this list, but don;t expect to win many games lol.

Brother-Sergeant

@ MaltonNecromancer - Well honourable death in battle and all that

@ Wolfshade & Chexmix282 - I notice neither are using JP are you not finding you get shot up a lot more despite the extra numbers that you get for not using JP?

Occuli Imperator

Power weapons and Jump packs are the same price so I tend to give them power weapons of jump packs.They don't tend to attrack any more fire with or without them I found. But, I tend to stick them in a transport if I have the points to spare usually a stormraven or land raider.
    I usually run with power weapons instead of jump packs as I usually play against marines or others with a 3+ save, when against guard, say, I would run with jump packs and not power weapons. I would not run with both as I think it makes them too expensive.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-07-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast