BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think single LR lists work. 2+ or none, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    Single Land Raiders can work great. They make a nice aura expansion for the libby powers and the purifiers are in there as a counter charge unit that gets close to his lines. Since the Land raider isn't charging up the field he won't get melta'd to death, also with all the GKSS he has warpquake preventing anything landing near it for a quick melta shot as well. Land raiders used like this can provide excellent fire lanes for the rest of his MSU style force with its bulk (block LoS, prevent enemy movement) while simultaneously threatening two transports at a time (potentially). Not to mention its a fire magnet, letting the psybacks/dreads do their work unfettered.

This is all assuming he's not planning on racing it down the enemies throat. If he plans this, then I agree 2+ or none.
    Last edited by Roma89q; 03-10-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Well, obviously the landraider isindeed used as a counter-assault unit. In practice, most of the times it hangs back for 2 or 3 turns, to decimate some stuff. After it goes in to clean the board with the purifiers,

It is also great to create initial coversaves for all the razorbacks, as you don't have to put soething AV11 up front.

Last weekend i played a 1750 tournament (which i won with 50 out of 60 command points). The one thing i struggled with, are the 6-men psycannon squads worth it?

In most games you want to psition them in a good spot and abuse the psycannon. I'd say you dont need 6 man to do so.

Dropping those 3 maries gives me another 60 points toplay with....

Grt Pim

i'd say option one seems more viable.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    Several years of personal experience with the Daemonhunters codex strongly disagrees with you. If a single Land Raider can work with the crappy old codex, you can bet that it does with the new one. All you need are some Rhinos to screen your Land Raider to give it cover and protect from melta.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

A single land raider can work very well especially with a Librarian inside giving it shroud after popping smoke or having a fleet of rhinos/razorbacks screening it. I've had land raiders last turns 1-5 against space pups soaking up shots left and right with that sweet sweet 3+ cover save and Fortitude for the glances that actually get through.

Brother-Sergeant

Have been playing another 6 games with the list and the main problem i keep encountering are opponent Landraiders. Lost 2/3 games when facing one, purely because i didnt roll those 6es for rending. Personally i think this will only ne the problem with Landraider Crusader and Redeemer as they want to close in. Other types i'm nit that afraid of.

New idea that's bren developing in my mind.

Current situation:
    6 marines, psycannon @ 130
    6 marines, daemonhammer @ 130
    6 marines, daemonhammer @ 130

Idea:
    5 marines, psycannon @ 110
    5 marines, psycannon @ 110
    6 marines, psycannon, daemonhammer @ 140
    + Multi-Melta on landraider @ 10

In this way i lose 2 marines, but add in 2 more psycannons, another daemonhammer and a multi-melta.

So what do you think? More bodies or better equipment.

Grt Pim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12