BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Idea for IG shotguns... Yay or Nay?

I thought of a way to make rotary-drummed shotguns from my bitz box, I would like some feedback:

Take grenade launcher from any cadian sprue...
    Cut off most of the barrel...

Take the sniper rifle on the cadian HQ sprue, or a heavy stubber...
    Cut off the flash-hider bit (the coney shaped bit)...

Stick the flash-hider on to the grenade laucher chassis to make something that will look like the "Striker" type shotgun you get in COD:MW2/3 (although a bit more beefy... though they are assult 2 :-) )

Is this different enough from the grenade launcher or not?

Librarian

Sounds like a cool idea, but what i've found to be easier is taking the scout shotguns and using those with IG bodies, you'll get a couple of areas that need greenstuff, like armpit gaps, but overall they will give you a good pose.

Or you could take one aiming lasgun arm, cut of the lasgun at the but, take a scout shotgun (they got no but if i remeber correctly) and seperate it at the handle. Then glue it to the aiming arm and you should get a nice, realistc shotgun

The best shotgun conversion Ive seen goes a little something like this:

Take 1 lasgun.
    Take 1 flamer (current cadian one).
    Cut the flamer off just behind the band where the handle goes. Leave some of the 2 flamer pipes sticking out. Not flush cut!
    Shave off the small pieces that stick out of the front (not the fire guard with the holes in it, but anything protruding from the very tip).
    Now to "dry fit" the flamer to the lasgun:
    Flip the flamer barrel over, resting the recessed portion on the underside of the lasgun upwards (to see where on the lasgun you need to cut).

Once you cut the lasgun, glue and bask in the glory of your new shotgun.

This gives the appearance of a foregrip and 2 barrels. Very effective and darn snazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirt View Post
    This gives the appearance of a foregrip and 2 barrels. Very effective and darn snazzy.
    Sounds nice indeed. You dont happen to have some pics by any chance?

Veteran-Sergeant

That sounds cool. There are also some ammo drums on a few ork shootas that might help you in your conversions.

[URL="http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/2/2/18064_md-Cadians,%20Imperial%20Guard,%20Rough%20Rider%20Con versions,%20Rough%20Riders.JPG"]http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/2/2/18064_md-Cadians,%20Imperial%20Guard,%20Rough%20Rider%20Con versions,%20Rough%20Riders.JPG[/URL]
    This is one example of what I spoke of.

very nice, although the foregrip seems a bit big

Quote Originally Posted by Prometh View Post
    very nice, although the foregrip seems a bit big
    Welcome to the future!

Seriously though, I see what you mean. Pretty cool conversion idea though. I love simple things like that that I someone just randomly thinks to do.

Brother-Sergeant

I tried making them by just cutting the barrel, stock and sight off the lasgun and am planning to add a bigger magazine. They don't look anything like as good as the conversions with inverted flamer bits but minimal effort required....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast