BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Damn Energon, that is a ridiculously nice army. I mean, REALLY, that is sweet..

Over the last couple of weeks I've been strong-armed into a weekend up at WHW in October, and have *finally* started cracking on with my own Iron Hands, only got a couple of models assembled and painted so far, but hopefully they'll all get done, only about 2000-2500pts worth at the moment..
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

First-Captain

Thanks for the nice comments.
    I don't think I am quite at the 'sweet' stage yet though. I am trying to get better.
    I am not quite at army stage yet sadly. What you see in this log is what I've got painted. I have a bunch of stuff ready to build and undercoat though.

A weekend up at WHW sounds great! I'm very jealous. I have only been once, and it was more of a flying visit. I didn't have any 40k gaming chums with me either. I enjoyed playing Bugmans in the bar though.

Will you be posting up your Iron Hands's progress? I found this log helped me to keep on trucking as peoples comments really do spur you on. I will be updating this log in 3 weeks as I finish my current job and will be trying to get a full army together in my time off.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    I don't think I am quite at the 'sweet' stage yet though. I am trying to get better.
    I am not quite at army stage yet sadly. What you see in this log is what I've got painted. I have a bunch of stuff ready to build and undercoat though.

A weekend up at WHW sounds great! I'm very jealous. I have only been once, and it was more of a flying visit. I didn't have any 40k gaming chums with me either. I enjoyed playing Bugmans in the bar though.

Will you be posting up your Iron Hands's progress? I found this log helped me to keep on trucking as peoples comments really do spur you on. I will be updating this log in 3 weeks as I finish my current job and will be trying to get a full army together in my time off.
    Heck, I think they're looking great, and I love the dark feel you get off them, they really do look like grim mechanical killers.. I've gone for white trims and weapon casing on mine, with a desert base, I figured the pre-heresy colour scheme was a good one to break up the fact that I wasn't going for a horrendously difficult paint scheme..

I will indeed post up some progress, I did a thread that almost instantly died off a couple of years ago whilst trying to convert the Skaven Doomwheel into a Master Of The Forge on bike, a project which swiftly fell to the wayside..
    I've somehow managed to collect all this stuff whilst doing minimal assembly and negligible painting..
    The fact I have a very strict time limit on getting everything done means I really have to get going now! A weekend of terrible dice-rolls and beer is a great motivator!

Luckily I've been without a work contract over the Olympics and for a few weeks yet, so hopefully I can break the back of the assembly side of things..

First-Captain

Cool beans
    I shall look forward to more Iron Hand action on BOLS.

I have convinced myself that we will have some major IH action in the next codex with a proper character.
    IRON HANDS HO!

Veteran-Sergeant

These models are insane. Seriously man congrats on the fantastic paint jobs, and great modelling. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

First-Captain

Thanks Autarch

This is what I'm talking about. Some kind words and I am gagging to paint Iron Hands!

Chapter-Master

Amazing what having your stuff on the fornt page can do for your motivation :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Amazing what having your stuff on the fornt page can do for your motivation :P

I did not recognise I was on the front page! Awesome. That has made my day
    That explains why this thread got a bump.

I have commented on Cvife's, Autarch's and StraightSilver's threads in the past as they are great modellers and painters and I am super chuffed to be on the same page as those guys. I shall be sure to check out daboarder's thread now as well.

I can not wait to get painting Iron Hands

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

I'm surprised you didn't shout out on the current rumour thread about these, now that it's all been fairly confirmed by Harry..

Severus Agemman, Regent of Ultramar
    Helveticus the Ancient, Bearer of Honour
    Chapter Master Tu’Shan
    Iron Father Maalthun
    Paladin Marshall Sieghelm
    Librarian Epistolary
    Librarian with Jump Pack
    Terminator First Hand

Space Marine Tactical Squad
    Neophytes
    Sword Brethren / Nightflame Veteran Squad
    Techmarine with Artificer Squad

Scouts with Astartes Grenade Launchers
    Bike Squadron / Crusader Bike Squadron

Bionics Upgrade Pack
    Defender Upgrade Pack

Skyshatter Cannon
    Praetor Warmachine
    Land Avenger
    Land Avenger Vulkan / Land Avenger Invictus
    Land Raider Medusa
    Gale Claw Supremacy Fighter

Astartes Battle Fortress Defence Wall
    Astartes Battle Fortress Tower / Pillar of Heroes
    Astartes Battle Fortress Monastery
    My word, 6th edition SM codex is already looking up..
    A return for bionics? Iron Hands in full resplendent glory?
    This plus the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworld being from Istvaan onwards means we're getting treated over the next 12-18 months..

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't shout out on the current rumour thread about these, now that it's all been fairly confirmed by Harry..

My word, 6th edition SM codex is already looking up..
    A return for bionics? Iron Hands in full resplendent glory?
    This plus the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworld being from Istvaan onwards means we're getting treated over the next 12-18 months..
    Holy...Moley...

I saw the bionics and the techmarine and was excited. I didn't think about the Land Raider having Iron Hand associations. But I COMPLETELY missed the Iron Father!!!! Thanks for pointing him out. Next year is gonna be expensive and awesome!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast