BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Oh me oh my, your skin tones are absolutely stunning. I love them and will most definitely be trying to emulate them on my next marine project. Keep it going man, I need more inspiration!

Joe

First-Captain

Hey guys.
    Thanks very much for the kind words and encouragement.
    It really does make me want to paint more models and to paint them better.
    I only have a couple more weeks before I go back to work so I am trying to get as many Iron Hands done before then. Although I've got some wolves and some grey knights staring at me from across the painting table.

Scout

I would never steal any gamers models, secure if left unattended maybe, unless there Necrons. Then I would just to put the cheesy sob's in a blender and hit frape. No, I'm talking of doing the whole project, finished my T-sons and my true-scale Imperial Fists. A friend of mine wants me to paint his DE for him, I asked him how does hot pink sound, he never has answered me so I need a new project.

Chaplain

I really like the energy in the models posing. It shows best on the tac/stern serg and the guy with the necron-eque p.fist and shield. The shield glow has come off really well too, im very impressed. Really amazing army.

How have you done the basing? Is that GW snow flock as well?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by exinfris View Post
    I would never steal any gamers models, secure if left unattended maybe, unless there Necrons. Then I would just to put the cheesy sob's in a blender and hit frape. No, I'm talking of doing the whole project, finished my T-sons and my true-scale Imperial Fists. A friend of mine wants me to paint his DE for him, I asked him how does hot pink sound, he never has answered me so I need a new project.
    DE would look good in black with the bright pink edging.... hmmm... can I steal that idea?

I wish Iron Hands had their own codex or special rules ... /sigh

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    I really like the energy in the models posing. It shows best on the tac/stern serg and the guy with the necron-eque p.fist and shield. The shield glow has come off really well too, im very impressed. Really amazing army.

How have you done the basing? Is that GW snow flock as well?
    Hi
    Thanks for the energy comment. I really try hard at the blutac stage to try to make them a bit dynamic and I really appreciate you noticing it. The next couple of assault guys, that I hope to post tomorrow, spent quite a bit of time in boiling water to get the bits to bend just right to give them a floaty feel.

The basing is cheap filler from homebase just whacked onto the base, shaped and left to dry. The snow is baking powder and pva. I might give the snow another coating on some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazwulf View Post
    I wish Iron Hands had their own codex or special rules ... /sigh
    Couldn't agree with you more. There can be no doubt that we are the least appreciated first founding chapter. We are the only First founding without a special character or codex. I really think this will change with the next release.
    Forge world did give us an almost un-official upgrade kit, which I have used for my guys, which had bionics in.
    Remember the new Iron Hands novel comes out real soon.

Brother-Sergeant

Okay only 1 question did you take any wip photos I'd like to see the prepainted conversions if possible??? (please)

Also I'm a liar I have another quick question or 2 what did you use for the iron hands logo on the shield of your assault sergeant, and what model did you use for the librarian aka how did you do the hand holding the cape/cloak if it wasn't a model purchased that way?

Just curious 1 again awesome work, simple and understated but still stunning.

Chaplain

I did a Dark red mechanicus themed Iron Hands army at one point. Im quite jealous for yours.

I think I managed to never repeat a head and source every bionic part in the range at the time, this was a few years back so, that wasn't too difficult. I think I had a few Necron hands and forearms in there as well.... You could still use the Iron hand heads with ridiculous amounts of bionics though?

I would quite like to see an Iron Father special character in the next codex. I dont think the iron hands need there own codex per se as they are one of the codex chapters, but they do need a bit more love. I remember chapter approved.... *sniff*.

I also would love to see you do something with the Valthex model... or the bare-headed techmarine...

First-Captain

Here is another assault marine. I just recognised that I haven't finished the base yet looking at the pictures, but never mind.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad *** assault.jpg 
Views:	1193 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1732

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast