BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree with the Winter Guard. The WG death star unit will only run you about 14 points and with Joe, they're pretty tough.

** Sees Cody has already answered the question **

So, I'll just talk trash.

The Winterguard Deathstar is a crutch. Same with the Kayazy, but they will still die to AOEs (So will WGDS, but at least they get tough). I dont like running my deathstar very much, and I have started to really focus on IFP. I *REALLY* like IFP. They have reach, they have high armour, they can get around really quickly, and they look freaking mean on the table. Now, to be fair, they are single wound infantry and die terribly to snipers and corrosion, But I still think they are sweet.

So much so that Im currently brainstorming a list with Irusk1, BDIFP, IFP, Great Bears...

Kommandant Irusk (*6pts)
    * Behemoth (13pts)
    Great Bears of Gallowswood (5pts)
    Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
    * Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
    Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
    * Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard (2pts)
    Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)

Id run the Normal IFP in front, GB behind, and a wall of BDIFP behind them, big B and irusk behind that, and eiryss where ever she needs to be. Just move toward, cast Inhospitable Ground to prevent charges, then hit with IFP then cast IF on them. Battle Lust on BDIFP for the over the shoulder poke/charge... Great Bears charge the gap if something comes in and clears a swath of IFP... Superiority on Big b... I think that could be pretty fun.

Iron fang all the way - especially if you like them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12