BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chaplain

most of my colllection are just models that are still in production like the current plastic chaos marines and loyalist dreadnoughts. i did recently buy the old Space marine terminator captain for a Captain Invictus conversion and also a Cypher model. OOP models that i would use if I still played Nids would be the 3rd edition 3 Tyrant Guard, 3 Biovores, 3 Lictors, 1 carnifex, Old One Eye and the old Space Hulk Genestealers that were reboxed for the 3rd edition nids (have about 28 i think though some have broken).
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Battle-Brother

I use a lot of very old models. I'm still using the old Pink and Blue Horrors (the ones with the big hands that look like they are at a rock concert) for the Daemons, old Farseer, Warlocks, and Wraithlords for the Eldar. Heck, I even use a Forgeworld conversion Wave Serpent!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by makkeru View Post
    My old Chaplain is still leading my old DC (3rd edition I guess)
    I have two of that same chaplain. One I bought painted from a former GW staffer I know for $50. The other I painted 10 years ago. I also have 3 of the old (not rogue trader era) metal landspeeders. I like the look of the old speeders compared to the new plastic ones. I also have a bunch of old DE stuff.

Chaplain

you beat me, my oldest model is a chaos marine Sergent
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Scout

I started playing 40k late in 2010 so I haven't seen most of the vintage stuff but I love all the pics of these models and those old terminator models posted a week or two ago. Thanks to you guys who have played all these years and kept the 40k universe alive.

I still use the original chaos dreads with the crab claws.

Still using the Bjorn Dread that I bought the week the model was released in second edition. He seems so heavy nowadays.

Librarian

The metal Bjorn, a metal dread, most of my ultramarines are 3rd edition, got a 2 or 3rd edition d-cannon for eldar.

I still play with my old rogue trader era chaos renegades semi infrequently. My rogue traitor plague bearers are scattered amongst the new plague bearers, and those I play with alot. My nurgling bases have examples of all the various releases of nurgling styles... on each base. I'm thinking of playing with my oldstyle landraider now that forgeworld has given it a new name and ruleset. I still have a original plastic beaky marine squad that I admitedly just keep around to show myself how much I've progressed in terms of being able to paint. The old crab clawed chaos dread I still use in Apoc games.

The more I'm on this forum though I keep thinking I need to come up with an excuse to paint and field my old chaos squats. Forget squats... bring back Chaos Squats!

I run 10 old 'linebacker' immortals in my Necron army. Ive never changed them out because I always get compliments on their size lol
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast