BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Amazing, especially after reading Know No Fear. Made me look very differently on what many see the most boring Chapter.

Thanks once more forthe kind words, gents!

To address a few things:

1 - I know, i know...i really need to drill out the barrels! Its been bothering me too, and I told myself that i'd do it once the army was done (i dont know why i thought that. sounded like a good idea at the time). I assure you all that the barrels WILL be drilled!

2 - My girlfriend is awesome. Shes helping me make terrain today.

3 - I used a standard wet blending technique to achieve that glowy blue look for the armor. All you need is blue, white, and vallejo slo-dry. Also practice. You'll need practice (but seriously, i was very surprised by how easy wet blending is....dont be intimidated! just try it!)

4 - Dont mean to toot my own horn here, but the display board is going to blow your balls off with the amount of sheer, unadulterated, mind-phuck.

Well, now that the damn army is actually finished....Im considering expanding it to include MORE of the first company. 20 vanguard veterans seems like a step in the right direction....Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post
    3 - I used a standard wet blending technique to achieve that glowy blue look for the armor. All you need is blue, white, and vallejo slo-dry. Also practice. You'll need practice (but seriously, i was very surprised by how easy wet blending is....dont be intimidated! just try it!)
    I'll second that - wet blending is brilliantly easy, quick to do and a really effective technique. You've got it down!

thanks man! I was pretty surprised how easy it was too....just takes a bit of practice.

Looks amazing, I always loved that nade throwing veg sarg model great job!

Very nice, I'm especially a fan of the dreads!

Scout

How did you do the 'chipping' of the paint around the edges of the tank plating and the hatches? It was so subtle but it adds a TON of realism. Also, I adore the plaques.

Looking really good? Really like the contemptor dread

Loving how you did the highlighting, looks very smooth

Scout

Awesome army!
    Yes you should definitely expand the 1st company, maybe with some terminators as well as vanguard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast