BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grey Knights - Allies of Chaplain T

Pictured here are Chaplain T's allies in war....the Grey Knights. And none of that stupid "memory wipe or we kill you" BS. Chaplain T doesnt like his head messed with...

(If you have no idea what Im talking about, you can check out Chaplain T at this link)

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20188[/url]

On to the Knights who wear GREY! (And by GREY I mean SILVER!)

Inquisitor Titus of the Ordo Malleus, Supreme Badas$ of the Calixis Sector.

You know, Im starting to realize that these pictures are waaaay to close. Like, I swear....The models look much better in person. The camera seems to capture every little screw up and blows it up to massive proportions. Dang it!

What could possibly warrant the gathering of so many paladins in one place?

This guy. This guy right here.

Scout

Purple shaded metallics, well that's new Looks really good on the white, I'd never would have thought about that in a million years.

Awesome stuff dude!

Default I like white - idea

its good work mate! good technic painting - keep going to become pro

Scout

love the GK's! I never thought of purple highlights, may have to try them on my GK's

Thanks you guys!

When I first sat down to paint these guys I thought "Well....They're grey knights. And they only have one chapter, and they dont really deviate in thier colors. Like....at all. Except for the white, which marks out veteran status."

Im a bit of a stickler when it comes to staying true to the codex colors (See: my ultramarines). So I knew I wasnt going to go totally off in a different direction. I really liked the Eavy Metal color scheme, but i didnt want a carbon copy of those dudes either.

Solution? Paint them Eavy Metal style but change the blue/metallic to a purple/metallic! You can do it with any color really, but purples, blues, reds, greens, work best. Anything colorful but cool and darker will work nicely for shading grey knights to add that kick of color while making your dudes a bit more uniqe while simultaneously remaining totally "grey knights".

Thanks again, and check back as I update the army! Very very soon Ill have my driago model finished (which is actually a Forgeworld Inquisitor Hector Rex model because hes WAAAYYY cooler)

You've pretty much validated my decision to basecoat my GK's with chrome.

I mean... maybe that's a step too far, but we'll see.

Lol, nice choice of shading color. It does look good, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast