BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Games-Workshop AWESOME Customer Service!

Games-Workshop Customer Service Story:

One of the gifts my Wife's gave me, an Eldar Fire Prism Tank, came without it's Clear Sprue. I called Games-Workshop and they shipped the part no questions asked. That's a typical G.W. Customer Service story.

Here's where it gets better....

A few days ago, my cat knocked over many items from my Workstation. My dog decided these are great chew-toys. I was able to repair everything that was gnawed on. But the very next day the same situation occurred. This time, there were casualties....

Not too worried about that poor Dire Avenger, but the same Clear Sprue that G.W. sent me got mauled!! Many of the parts were salvagable, and will look like extensive battle damage. But the Fire Prism Cannon parts were masticated beyond saving. I called Games-Workshop and explained the unusual and unfortunate events. I asked if there was a way I could purchase the parts.

They said no.

Madison (the G.W. Employee) then informed me they will be sending out the replacement parts, and I should have them in 6 to 7 days!!

AWESOME!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Scout

I haven't had any experience with their services yet but this bodes well for my friend's Draigo model which has bubbles in it.

Also that's very nice of them, they should advertise this aspect of their company more, good post-sale service is something to be proud of!

Chapter-Master

For all the complaints people have with GW (legitimate or not) customer service is not usually one of them and I've always had a veyr good experience with them. They happily swap problem models and replace mssing bits. On the one occasion I had a sprue missing they gave me whole new box. I forget what it was, but needless to say I was chuffed.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I had a cryptek that had really bad mold lines. I called GW and a new was shipped out. Say what you want about GW but thier customer service is great.
    Wars will come and go but Honor lives forever!

Battle-Brother

That matches my experience. I've had a bad a finecast Broodlord, and mis-matched limbs on both a metal Ravener and a Metal Venomthrope. Apparently the skilled workers at GW had trouble telling the many limbs apart.

I called customer service for the Broodlord, and a got a new one, and went to my local store for the Venomthrope, and got a replacement. (they didn't replace the Ravener, my fault, it was sitting unopened at the bottom of my to-do list until well after the plastic release)

I would like to pose an ethical question: If a GW store is convenient, and has a good stock, should you do a swap for a good model instead of called for a new one in the brick & mortar or call the hotline and get a good condition model & keep the problem model for possible rehabilitation?

Veteran-Sergeant

The customer service depends on where you receive it.

I've never had any problems in the stores. In fact, the customer service is stellar. If a kit was missing a piece I could always get a replacement. Usually, they would take the old box back and give me a brand new one, checking that all the pieces were there.

With mail order, on the other hand, I am still waiting for either my white dwarf subscription or my money back after two years. I usually call once a week with no results. I have extended my subscription that I don't receive for another two years. Yeah, still waiting. Oh, and the supervisors at GW mail order are also the same workers. How convenient.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Battle-Brother

I also had good experiences with their customer services. One time I had a missing foot for my Minotaurs and instead of sending me the foot in question, they sent me one whole minotaur (body, head, feet, the back fur, weapon, etc). So one minotaur for free and one that is missing a foot... LOL

Chaplain

My DE battalion came without bases and I mentioned in a passing at my local GW, the assisstant manager looked shocked and apologized and offered a new box but I quickly told him it was fine I'd already built the models and used older bases and purchased some spare flight bases from a friend. The employee told me to just bring it in if theres a repeat offence and they'll exchange it, I also ordered a model from them, a sister dialogus and it was out of stock, the direct services called and told me they wouldn't be able to ship it for a month and that they'd happily refund it or I could wait and recieve it free of charge, as it was part of a larger shipment of models. When I recieve the first bit of the order I checked the invoice and sure enough they had removed the models price, I know it's a measly $12.97 but when your army comes in blisters and single models, a free model is nice. This happened again with my Mistress of repentence and I recieved her free of charge too.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Yep Service is GREAT ! they are expensive , but the customer is king !
    A few weeks ago my familie got me some great Eldar stuf ! .. 1 problem I dont play Eldar hehe .

So i went to store and explaind the situation . They where verry helpfull i could trade them in for some nice blood angels stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring M1nd View Post
    I would like to pose an ethical question: If a GW store is convenient, and has a good stock, should you do a swap for a good model instead of called for a new one in the brick & mortar or call the hotline and get a good condition model & keep the problem model for possible rehabilitation?
    Yep take it in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast