BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I joined BOLS in a similar posting contest a while back. So they definitely attract some new members who don't just disappear...
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

What can I say? I regularly write gubbinz in the comments on BoLS proper, but only posts in the Lounge count for entering the contest, so now I'm saying the same stuff in here as I was out there.

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right...

Scout

I've been a lurker for quite some time, and while this spurred me to action, I'm still here after hitting 10! :-P

I plan to stick around afterwards so I can learn what I can.

Battle-Brother

I'm also guilty of being a long time lurker, infrequent poster. I've enjoyed the whole firster/firster hater thing going. Most everything I would say has been said by others by the time i get to the end of the thread. I'm not the type that posts just to see my name on the website.

Chapter-Master

But.... If you're doing it now simply to have a chance at the $$$ isn't that exactly the kind of poster u are? I hope we have some quality contributors come out of this. As it presently stands however, much of the new poster race to 10 has been sorta meh in terms of content quality. Not to mention the abundance of thread necromancy.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Reading this thread was the first I had heard of this contest/draw thing as I rarely actually check the frontpage of the BoLS site, the link on my bookmarks hotbar goes straight to the Lounge, so thanks for starting this thread as I'd likely never have known about this otherwise.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I think this kind of activity is silly. I would be very disappointed in the mgmt if they picked the winner out of a new lurker-turned-poster.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chaplain

I'm more disappointed than interested the idea of free money and an army shopping spree being the catalyst to bring in new members is...just wrong. I started on a whim, mostly because I wanted to showcase my models, not gonna lie I haven't done that in atleast a year but sometimes the convos make me wanna leave a comment. The current discussion are mostly ones we've seen before or random discussions intended purely to boost an individuals comment count, it's sad really. I actually wasn't aware of the contest and was abit surprised about the sheer number or topics then I found threads like this and my interest plummeted pretty bad.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

I just thought all the extra activity was because I just wasn't checking the forums as much. Oh well.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast