BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is there any info on Bretonnians coming?

Like, at all? I want to dust them off and play them again, but I want a shiny new book!

It's about time, although my wife's horde of pegasus knights still pack a punch.

Nope, nothing firm on Bretonnians.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

noooo!

Curse-eth the foul day that hath Brought the Lady of the Lake Low!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Veteran-Sergeant

I still play my Bretonnians but they don't pack the same punch as the newly released armies. Talk about army creep! Since most of the redone armies are focused on huge hordes or large (I mean LARGE) creatures, the Brets are usually outnumbered.

Come on GW, wake up!
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

It is rumoured that GW aren't sure how to proceed with Wood Elves and Bretonnians (skirmish and cavalry theme armies respectively) and are taking their time to come up with good ideas. Just rumours but it makes sense.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They need to figure it out. Sure, the Brets can still hold their own in most situations but the book is showing its age. I probably won't play Fantasy again until I get some kind of hope to hold on to....

Librarian

Hmm, with 8th's focus on hordes of troops/ bigger blocks, an all cavalry or at least a cavalry based army does tend to be that wild card that's outside the focus. I guess this would be the same with Wood Elves, with their choices on skirmishers and smaller units and such.

Chaplain

Well even without a new book I really want to start a Bretonnian force. The idea of knights is very awesome and something I can get behind. I have a warriors of chaos army but the Brets just call to me.

I have been wanting to start a Bretonian army for a long while now but, my biggest concern is that they might either drop or change the army to the extent that current models become obsolete. On the other hand, I did hear a rumor that GW might be combining the Wood Elves and Brettonans (Lethorian realms?) So, this might help balance both armies since one is fast and shooty and the other one is great for powerful charges. This would also open a spot for a new army....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast