BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They could make it easier to break units in a new book... that woulds be nice.

I have pretty much stopped playing WFB. I am waiting for both Brets and WE. Pretty much its been a long hard wait.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
    I have been wanting to start a Bretonian army for a long while now but, my biggest concern is that they might either drop or change the army to the extent that current models become obsolete. On the other hand, I did hear a rumor that GW might be combining the Wood Elves and Brettonans (Lethorian realms?) So, this might help balance both armies since one is fast and shooty and the other one is great for powerful charges. This would also open a spot for a new army....
    Forget that one, it will never ever happen. Whoever came up with that rumour knows nothing about the way GW works. And even if you did combine the two you still suffer from the problem of not having large blocks of troops.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

My biggest beef with the current edition of Bretonnians is the fact that stuff on foot is just as fast where it counts the most as the cav is. Sure swiftstride helps, but when my block of knights can be run down by infantry or charge stuff at the same distance, something is busted. When cavalry IS your army and you've got very silly support units for infantry, something's wrong.

I'd love to see more knights on foot, or yeomen on foot... something better than peasants - let them shoot their bows and man their trebuchets.
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Quote Originally Posted by BHound1981 View Post
    My biggest beef with the current edition of Bretonnians is the fact that stuff on foot is just as fast where it counts the most as the cav is. Sure swiftstride helps, but when my block of knights can be run down by infantry or charge stuff at the same distance, something is busted.
    If you look at the math this whole "infantry is as fast as cav" argument is pretty silly. With 4 Move you can charge up to 16 inches but have less than a 3% chance to do so. Standard 8 move Cav have about a 68% chance to more at least that far and a 52% chance to go 17+ inches (farther than the infantries max).

Fleeing is quite a bit more hairy as you do not get your movement speed but you still greatly improve your chances to roll higher than Infantry.

Can it Happen? Heck yeah it can, but unless the cav roll terribly they have a really good chance of charging/escaping/catching... and if you roll terribly you deserve to fail... plus those silly hats on those knights are slowing them down.

But anyway, the Bretonnians need a new book like nobodies business.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Derkus View Post
    plus those silly hats on those knights are slowing them down.

But anyway, the Bretonnians need a new book like nobodies business.
    The Bretonnian Knight has the strongest neck of any human in the WFB universe.
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Quote Originally Posted by BHound1981 View Post
    The Bretonnian Knight has the strongest neck of any human in the WFB universe.
    In fact, I heard the first space marines were created with DNA from bretonnian Necks... little known fact.

While both are in dire need, Wood Elves need it so much more.

i am guessing they will come out in 2013 sometime, they are due but not until Dark Elves IMO!

As much as warseer can be trusted, this might indicate they are getting a new book at some point in the near future.

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?336250-Bretonnia-Rumors[/url]

As for infantry being as fast as cav where it counts, I totally disagree. A cav unit can hang out right at 14" and be perfectly happy. A M4 unit needs to roll a 10 on two dice to charge (pretty unlikely) so most savvy players won't even attempt it unless they have nothing to lose, which is rare. On the other hand, 14" for M8 cav with swiftstride only requires a 6 to be rolled on three dice, which is incredibly easy to do. So you can keep infantry units as bay and keep them out of charge range but in your own to threaten them quite easily with cav.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast