BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Celestial Lions - Pic Heavy

Well I have been working on a Celestial Lions chapter of Space Marines and thought I would share some of it with you guys. Let me know what you think!

Some of the finished models on a WIP display board.

My "Counts as" Vulkan

Libby

my "Counts as" Captain Corien Sumatris

Contemptor 1

Contemptor 2

What do you guys think? Looking forward to some input!

I really like the concept, its a little gold heavy. maybe some silver breaking up the large fields of gold would help, also maybe some dark washes where the gold/purity seals/other things meet to help it stand apart. That being said, you have more painted than I do, so I commend you on that

Nice work! Its great to see someone out there making their conversion dream a reality. What are you using for those termie heads?

The gold to blue ratio/balance is perfect on Lufgt Huron.
    Nice job using the lion heads as a chapter symbol.Did you make copies out of green stuff?

Thanks for the comments guys! The conversion parts are all from Scibor Minis. I just picked up a couple Micron Pens so I might try some black lining around things like the Purity Seals. I have gotten several comments about using silver on the high points of the gold but I have yet to buy the paint to try it... I will have to get around to that soon. I did not make any of the chapter symbols out of greenstuff, but some of the special/heavy weapons are greenstuff. I have quite a bit of experience with making press molds for weapons now. I started doing it in order to have enough Lightning Claws for all my Chaos Terminators.

I started this army back in August and it became my tournament army in January with over 1500 points painted. If you are interested I have been keeping a Blog on the army and some of the local tournaments that I have been attending and running. Check it out at [url]http://dracusjournal.blogspot.com/[/url]

Here are a couple other things I have been working on.

Yeah, I like the idea but on the broad vehicle surfaces the gold ends up looking a bit shabby. Looks a lot better on the infantry though.

I personally think there are far too many of them

It looks like you're off to a good start. My only recommendation would be to use more thin layers of gold on the armour to get a nice, smooth coverage.

Or mixing the first layer of gold with brown-ish colors and using the poor gold for highlights
    But its a very interesting and unusual look alltogether so keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast