BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well, I know you said novels but 2nd ed Codex: Eldar made me want to collect Eldar before I knew anything about the rules at all, just the background information and pictures.

Faith & Fire and Hammer & Anvil make me want an SoB army.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Original Space Wolf trilogy by William King is responsible for me being in the hobby altogether. Brilliant set. Its criminal if U haven't read these books.

Occuli Imperator

Dan Abnett makes me want to play anything he writes for.
    + Imperial Guard (Gaunt's Ghosts)
    + Space Wolves (Prospero Burns)
    Though Eisenhorn made me play Inquisitor

Scout

Mhm, Skavenslayer led to my Skaven Army, King's Space Wolf books (and a general interest in nordic mythology) to my Space Wolves.

Space Wolf by William King he is what started it all for me thanks to him I have about every BL book printed since (and some multiples) 2-3 warhammer armies at anytime (but always one of the wolves). And a hope that someday soon someone will produce a working set of power armore.

Brother-Captain

I played Imperial Guard already, but Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts novels re-inspired me.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Brother-Sergeant

First and Only actually got me back into 40k, not just starting up Guard. For some reason my Infantry never do as well as the boys from Tanith though.

I read the Vampire Counts compilation book and that is what started me playing the game......damn book!
    Wars will come and go but Honor lives forever!

Quote Originally Posted by doom-kitten View Post
    Never had a book make me want an army but I've been looking into an Emperor's Children army for years and Fulgrim pretty much killed that desire, I don't know why but the book just completely turned me away and I can't explain it very well. Mostly because I found the Legion's corruption far to quick and Fulgrim fell to Chaos like a *****, he didn't really fight it until his epic realization at the end and even then instead of taking the hard way out or even just ending it he made another epic mistake and gave in, overall an excellent novel and I highly recommend it but damn Fulgrim you made me hate your legion.
    That pretty much hits the nail on the head for my experience with that book.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well, I know you said novels but 2nd ed Codex: Eldar made me want to collect Eldar before I knew anything about the rules at all, just the background information and pictures.
    The 3rd Edition cover of Codex: Eldar sold me instantly.

I keep on wishing that there would be a novel put out that would make me want to buy more of my beloved Deathguard, or things Nurglesque in general... but no.

For a team tournament one year, the team I was involved in almost went with a 'gaunt's ghosts' enemies theme, and each of us play an army based off of armies that they fought against.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast