BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

sadly there is nothing you can do other then walk away. People like are just like the ones on the internet looking for an argument and not listening to anything you say. It really is a shame though that someone would bring so much negativity at someone they just met and enjoys the same thing they do.

Veteran-Sergeant

sounds like a real ***, ppl like that only drive others away from our awesome game.

on another note, the only ppl i get annoyed with are the little kids who buy up all the new kits and NEVER paint them.... how fun can it be to field an army of flat grey....

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by sprugly View Post
    Why is there always a smelly in every shop? Lol

Seriously, its your hobby, do with it as you will. Whoever buys models still helps out the game.

Have you tried the game though. It's really rather fun!

Sprugly

I have tried the game on several occasions over the years. i just never got into the constant rule changes and paying 50+ dollars a shot at the new rule book. also here in my area, it is impossible to find anyone willing to just have a fun/learning game with.

Are you not supporting Games Workshop so that they can continue to produce this neckbearded wackjob's favorite game? Honestly, I think hobbyists are great, if only because I suck at painting.

This story put a huge grin on my face. I have very similar stories with a very similar antagonist lol
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

I'd just make fun of him.

Might start off with a "how long has it been since you've been with a woman?" or something that has the effect of short-circuiting the brain.

Brother-Captain

Your post reminded me of this: [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI[/url]

Let me tell you, it could have been worse if you actually played the game. My group will no longer play at our FLGS. Last time we did a bunch of neck-beards wanted to tell us in detail how to play the game. It might not have been bad if they had a clue what they were talking about, but they did not (these particular guys weren't overtly smelly, per se). We couldn't get them to move on, no matter how rude we got, even telling them at one point to STFU and GTFO.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

It is a real shame that the vocal minority of our nerd sub-culture do tend to conform to that stereotype.

If there is a genuine problem of people buying up all the stock of Product A or Box B, it isn't the fault of the people buying it, regardless of what they plan to do with it. Anyone with a moddicum of sense should be able to see that. if he really felt that badly about it, he needs to speak to the store manager about the way they control their inventory. Sure there are times when stuff runs out and there is nothing they can do or would have been able to do about it, particularly around release dates, but if it is a regular issue that is something else entirely.

As for you ruining the hobby for this neckbeard ( I must tread carefully here as my beardline is beginning to decend, though without the anti-societal attitude so far thankfully), screw him! It is every bit as much your hobby as it is his. If you were buying a very tightly limited edition model you were simply buying to store or sell on for profit and were actually depriving another hobbyist of the chance to get something, then maybe maybe he would have had a point. But a box set that is readilly availible and a part of GWs main line? The gentleman was simple being headgear designed for one's posterior.

As for those guys interferring with games, as Necron2.0 pointed out, it is so frickin' annoying! Sure it is one thing to help someone out with rules if they ask for it, or if you are mates with the players etc. I have been known to interject when people have been playing really wrong (and I don't mean the fine minutee of the rules, I mean like assuming they have to move their models towards the enemy and so never being allowed to fire heavy weapons... obviously I am not referrencing Rage USR here), but I will always let ask if they know they aren't playing to the rules as sometimes it is on purpose for a special mission or something, but for the most part, if it isn't your game, keep out of it.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123