BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have a bunch of CNC Workshop troop landers that I use with an all-drop marine army. They don't even really have an option to open. I just ask my opponent before the game which way they want to play it. Most choose to play them as open, but some like Nid players sometimes choose to play them as closed.

common sense says they're open as soon as the models inside have disembarked, which is immediately upon touchdown... if you could delay the disembarkation after landing, THEN it'd be a viable issue to discuss.

I have been playing with drop pods for years...long before GW made the models. I also have some CNC workshop drop pod models that do not open.

At all my local gaming stores, and in every tournament in which I have played (a lot) or run (a lot), drop pod doors are played open. IF I was to play against someone who insisted they were closed I would probably just let it go and play his/her way. If it was at a tournament I would probable ask the T.O. to make a ruling. Open seems to be the way to go to me.

Brother-Sergeant

Would normally be open. If glued shut, then play as if you can see through it but manages to provide a cover save. It really doesnt block much of anything
    Shiner me!

Yes to both. Modeling for any sort of advantage is poo-poo. Trying to turn your open-top 1-shot transports into enormous LOS blocking terrain will not wn you any friends.

Would you agree that if it is counted as open then the doors deployed count as hull?

Battle-Brother

I would agree with everyone else that it should be worked out between you and your opponent before hand. I would probably play them as open myself just because to me it makes sense the hatches blow shortly after impact but it would be cool to see a table where you could roll for door jams or something of that nature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123