BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Necron release Schedule.

I know theres a second wave planned to replace the Spyders and Wraiths that were taken off the shelves. Ive also heard Tomb Blades but the biggie im waiting for news on is the Triarch Stalker or the Doom/Night Scythe flyers.

I want both of those models. Ive got a couple of conversion ideas for both and would happily make them however if theres an actual model coming i can wait.

Ive been told the Flyer IS coming but the Stalker is unlikely (4 new kits is enough). Im just wondering if anyone with their ear closer to the ground may know something?

Chaplain

Well, I was told (by a reliable source) that Necrons would follow the same schedule as Dark Eldar last year.

However that now looks unlikely, as they should therefore have had a wave in March.

I must admit that I feel as though it's time to hang up my rumour hat as so far very little I have heard has panned out (I got 'Nids right, sort of, but didn't see Thunderwolves coming!).

Rumours on other forums suggest that the next releases from Necrons will go up on pre-order last Saturday in April for a may release, and that's as good a guess as any.

If they do still follow the Dark Eldar Release schedule I would expect to see the flyer in the Summer, so June or July, with an earlier wave in May with Canoptek Wraiths, Spyders etc.

Of course I would say that at the moment nobody really knows.

The most reliable rumours come about 2 weeks before pre-orders go up as that's when independant stockists get their order sheets, so if there's a May release coming we should hera about it in April.

With so many Nid/Wolves being released/recast, I wouldnt expect to see them before May/June at the earliest. Which makes me sad as a necron player but I understand Nids and Wolves needed the models for far longer

Chaplain

Any rumors about a Black Templars update?

I'm deeply bothered by the fact that High Marshal Helbrecht, the leader of a chapter which specializes in hand to hand combat has a worse set of stats than a vanilla codex leader. Lower WS and BS! And his special rules really don't stand out well. I think one is better off just using Templar models but going with a vanilla codex entries!

I'd say april or may at this point, april being less likely as there seems to be an Empire wave planned. Mind you there are rumours of a wave coming in the second half of march yet so who knows.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Well that gives me a little hope.

I was disappointed to see that there wasn't any new necron models in the next wave this month, only massively late Tyranids and Wolves

I'm tempted to make a Necron army but I'm hesitant to do so in till I see the Night scythe model first. If its as fugly as the storm raven, I would say its a no go.

Scout

I need to update my old Necrons. I have a few, but need a couple more transports, and Wraiths! Wave 2 is needed badly! Though the plastic kits released this month were needed more.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    I know theres a second wave planned to replace the Spyders and Wraiths that were taken off the shelves. Ive also heard Tomb Blades but the biggie im waiting for news on is the Triarch Stalker or the Doom/Night Scythe flyers.

I want both of those models. Ive got a couple of conversion ideas for both and would happily make them however if theres an actual model coming i can wait.

Ive been told the Flyer IS coming but the Stalker is unlikely (4 new kits is enough). Im just wondering if anyone with their ear closer to the ground may know something?
    I really, really hope the Stalker is first on their list, if for no other reason than nobody seems to have any idea how big the thing is supposed to be. I've seen a couple conversions that are close to the height of a Dreadknight, and I've seen one that's smaller than a regular Dreadnought. A frame of reference would be awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast