BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

itd be kinda hard to squeeze in both TDA wolf guard AND TWC... depending on points that is, but you should play a few proxy games with lists containing both and make ur decision then on how fun/competitive each is. good luck and welcome to the best darn space marine army around! FOR RUSS!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

As others have said, think about ditching the Canis and use a Wolf Lord with Saga of the Bear.

TWC costs a ton of points and can be vulnerable as they are always fire magnets. Storm Shields all around and be sure to equip one with Mark of the Wulfen. I've never been disapointed with the return on the points spent on the Mark. Add some Fenrisian Wolves to your Lord and use them to soak up some wounds.

Take a Rune Priest or Njal as a second HQ. You're giving up some great capabilities if you don't take a Rune Priest.

Rhino's and Razorbacks are definitely your troops' friends.

If you don't want the boxes, try some drop pods with troops in them. Risky at times but they can pay big dividends when they work the way they're supposed to.

Always run at least 2 units of Long Fangs. Always. Lascannons cost more than Missle Launchers but I always do well with them so I mix up the units. Dropping a Heavy Bolter in each unit doesn't hurt either. With the ability to split fire a Heavy Bolter can ruin an opponent's day when they're marching for an objective or trying to get the Fangs tied up in assault. I equip my Long Fangs leader with a Plasma Gun. He always makes a difference and adds firepower to the unit that normally goes to waste.

I have tried both the Rune Priest alone and the Wolf Lord and have already found that together they rock. Living Lighting really cheeses off opponents even if its not a instant kill attack. But the Twolves will be bullet sponges. I'm running four with the specials spread evenly so they should hopefully last longer.

Mostly good points by the other posters. Here is where I disagree:

- Grey Hunters: 10 plus 2x Melta plus standard in Rhino is the most efficient loadout in my experience.

- Thunder Wolve Cav.: 5 with 3 Stormshields and Powerfist plus two Bolters for wound allocation.
    Small units tend to be less good in close combat. Multicharge is your friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12