BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Eh still you'd need to be within 6" for Frag, lol.

Krak is what S6? I see it kinda like this...

Mag-Strip Krak Grenades; Range: 6", Strength: 6, AP: 2, Assault 1

That kills tyrants, wounds 'fexes, hurts elite infantry, and kills light vehicles, throwing melta bombs is like a.."Wow, ain't this kida erm...evil, cruel, malicious, and sadistic?" I'd be willing to call it an upgrade for like a sarge and try a play test of it though.

Daemon Hosts: Evil ^^
    Sorceress Powers: Awesome!
    Drugged-up, Psyched-up Inquisitor: Dark Eldar? No in all honesty I think thats pretty cool idea, but would it really off-set the losing Death-Watch, maybe if you got to do it to your STs ^^, maybe +1 I, +1 S Fearless? Someones in the bed with Fabius Bile...

Brother-Sergeant

Death-Watch Librarian 0-1 120pts
    5/5/4/4/3/5/2/10/3+

Wargear: Psychic Hood, Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Power Armor, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

Special Rules: Preferred Enemy*, Psyker, Stubborn, Grenadier*

May take...
    Melta Bombs +5pts
    Digi Weapons +5pts
    Icon of the Just +20pts
    Familiar +5pts
    Hellfire Rounds +5pts
    Wraithbone Ward +35pts**

May replace Bolt Gun or Bolt Pistol with one of the following...
    Melta Gun +10pts
    Plasma Gun +15pts
    Plasma Pistol +15pts
    Shuriken Pistol +1pts (Eldar)
    Plasma Rifle +20pts (Tau)
    Gauss Rifle +15pts (Necron)
    Fusion Pistol +10pts (Eldar)
    Pulse Carbine +5pts (Tau)

May replace Force Weapon or Bolt Pistol with one of the following...
    Witch Blade +20pts (Eldar)
    Singing Spear +25pts (Eldar)
    Fusion Pistol +15pts (Eldar)
    Scorpion Chainsword: Free (Eldar)
    Relic Blade +10pts
    Thunder Hammer +15pts
    Storm Shield +15pts

Psychic Powers: (TBA) (Lookin for suggestions, and Ideas!)

Special Rules*
    Preferred Enemy: At the beginning of game after deployment declare a xenos type, Kroot, Tau, Vespid, Necron, 'Nid, Ork, Eldar/Dark Eldar, any unit the Death-Watch Librarian joins gains preferred enemy against that xenos type.
    Grenadier: Death-Watch are often trained to lob grenades upon enemy positions with unerring accuracy whether to bring down a monstrous creature or elite enemy unit, as such any Death-Watch member equipped with grenades may use them as a ranged weapon with the following profile.

Frag Grenades: Range: 6", Strength: 3, AP: -, Assault 1, Small Blast
    Krak Grenades: Range: 6", Strength: 6, AP: 2, Assault 1

**Wraithbone Ward: If the psyker would suffer a Perils of the Warp, it is negated on a 5+, the Psyker may use an additional Psychic Power per turn.

I figured that melta bombs could only be lobbed at MCs, as you need to clamp it onto a vehicle for it to work. The GK Initiates aren't scouts, they have the same profile as PAGK (if you have seen the Ordo Malleus list from the Realms of Chaos book, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, back then GKs were just like normal marines with boltguns and such, they just had Fearless vs. Chaos).

Should the DW Lib have access to Mind War?

Lib Power: Visions of Terror: Make a shooting attack using a small blast template. The squad hit must take a leadership test at -1 for every model hit by the template. If they fail the leadership test, they must either fall back or go to ground, psyker's choice.

Question: If the Eldar Fusion Pistol is fine, can the Inquisitor have an Inferno Pistol of the same stat line?

I personally saw the looted Xeno gear as being more of an Inquisitor thing than a Librarian thing, as the Inquisitor isn't bound by the Codex Astartes or anything. He'd have much more leeway in using that potentially 'blasphemous' xenos' technology (the bolter fires the emperor's divine wrath, not so the pulse rifle).

Brother-Sergeant

It is mentioned in the fluff, that they aren't actually bound by the codex and do use looted xeno gear on occasion as do the Inquisitors, but if I make the Inquisitor entry much larger its gonna be blinding, lol, no I agree they should be able to use looted gear as well, but we need to give the other Ordos something interesting like that as well then and I honestly don't know right now on what to give them.

"The orders of the Deathwatch are not merely the cleansing of xenos cultures. They also include the recovery and study of alien devices and artifacts. Sometimes it is necessary to use a weapon against the enemy who created it, although this is not taken lightly. The Deathwatch are constantly vigilant for sabotage, or to advise if it is truly safe to use a weapon of xenos origin."
    From Lexicanum so ya I do think there is president for them to be able to use Xeno tech ^^

At MCs I'd agree with ya on, more or less, maybe like a demo charge or something? But with no template? I know this argument comes up a lot in codex reduxes from what I've read, but with no consistent decision.

VoT looks lot like the DE terrorfex, its not bad, I'd suggest 18" LOS range probably for that one.

Eldar psychic powers are one of the few things I'd feel bad bout stealing from them tbh, they don't have a lot left ya know?

The old DW Lib has Smite, so we can throw that in.

Null Dome: Psychic shooting attack: Range:18" SX AP- Assault 1. Target 1 enemy psyker. If the shot hits, that psyker may not use any psychic powers on his next turn.

Warp Cage: Psychic shooting attack: Range:18" SX AP- Assault 1. Target 1 enemy psyker. If the shot hits, that psyker suffers 'Perils of the Warp' on any roll of doubles when attempting to use a psychic power on his next turn.

Infuse Knowledge: Targets one of your squads within 12" of the Librarian (including his). If successfully cast, the squad gains the 'Preferred Enemy' special rule until the beginning of their next turn.

Xeno-rack: Target a Monstrous Creature. 18" SX AP- Assault 1, Poison 2+. If you successfully wound the Monstrous Creature, roll to wound again (even if the wound is saved). Do this until you fail to wound the creature. (too powerful? Change to poison 4+?)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    The old DW Lib has Smite, so we can throw that in.

Null Dome: Psychic shooting attack: Range:18" SX AP- Assault 1. Target 1 enemy psyker. If the shot hits, that psyker may not use any psychic powers on his next turn.

Warp Cage: Psychic shooting attack: Range:18" SX AP- Assault 1. Target 1 enemy psyker. If the shot hits, that psyker suffers 'Perils of the Warp' on any roll of doubles when attempting to use a psychic power on his next turn.

Infuse Knowledge: Targets one of your squads within 12" of the Librarian (including his). If successfully cast, the squad gains the 'Preferred Enemy' special rule until the beginning of their next turn.

Xeno-rack: Target a Monstrous Creature. 18" SX AP- Assault 1, Poison 2+. If you successfully wound the Monstrous Creature, roll to wound again (even if the wound is saved). Do this until you fail to wound the creature. (too powerful? Change to poison 4+?)
    Xeno-Rack is definitely interesting, but constantly rolling would bog down gameplay I think so maybe a single wound each turn? That ignores armor?

Infuse is pretty cool I like that one, what +15pts sound bout right? One squad within 12" of the Librarian gains preferred enemy against the xenos type of the librarian's choice. Sound good?

Warp Cage, short range, limited target, psyker self wounding? Pretty cool but it doesn't really feel Death-Watch-y more like Witch Hunters

Null Dome, Anti-Farseer? Umm once again more 'round the area of Witch Hunters imo, and kinda a little insane, talk about Psychic-**** much? No psychic powers for you! Locking down an enemy psyker is kinda unfair and just a little bit cheese-y. If anyone else would comment on our ideas I think we'd get more ideas and a better balance.

Give Warp Cage to Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors? It seems like a more balanced version of Null Dome.

As for Xeno-rack, I imagined it as an all out mental attack by the psyker on the monster that would continue until the monster was able to throw it off. Maybe the 'Poison' should decline with each roll, ie: 2+ to wound the first time, then 3+, then 4+, etc.

One other thing I thought of, though I don't know who would use it:

Warp Pillar: If cast successfully, place a small blast marker on any clear part of the table to mark the location of the Warp Pillar. The Warp Pillar is treated as impassable terrain, and blocks line of sight. A psyker may pass a psychic test in order to allow himself and any squad he is joined to ignore the Warp Pillar for that turn.

Veteran-Sergeant

You guys won't be able to make definite decisions without first playtesting what you have. Once you've done that you'll have more inspiration to continue this thread and not let things stagnate. Make a point of finding someone to play with these rules over the next week otherwise this is nothing more than wishlisting.

Play the rules and post the results here and we can go from there.

In that case, let's settle on some point costs for the GK and ISTs:
    GKs:Keep them the same, since we buffed their abilities
    Stormtroopers: 11-12 pts, same as Tau or Battle Sisters, who have AP5 and 3+ saves, but no CCW.

Chapter-Master

Don't limit the rules to Daemons only. You can't create a balanced set of rules when the rules only work on one of over a dozen different armies (especially when the only army it works against isn't too common). Sure, the fluff of the rule is that Grey Knight's psychic presense is painful to their enemies , particularly Daemons, but for gameplay balance's sake, just make Rites of Exorcism grant Grey Knights offensive and defensive grenades. Shrouding works on all our enemies, right?

Rites of Exorcism: The psychic and physical presence of Grey Knights is painful to their enemy, distracting them in the heat of battle. Grey knights count as being equipped with offensive and defensive grenades.

Try this for Shrouding:
    The Shrouding: If a Grey Knight unit with the shrouding special rule takes an unsaved wound(s) from enemy shooting, close combat attacks, or psychic powers, those wounds are ignored on a 5+.
    This represents the enemy missing due to the confusing interference of the shrouding, and may be taken against all wounds including shooting and close combat wounds, even ones that would normally ignore saves. Saves may not be taken against wounds caused by No Retreat rule, tank shocks, vehicle explosions, dangerous terrain, or other wounds not directly caused by an enemy unit.

It's kinda like FNP, but works on power weapons and similar, but is only a 5+ save, rather than a 4+. It's also better than the nighfight style rules, as this rule always is in effect. I've playtested this and it seems to work pretty well (though I have a penchant for failing any invulnerable saves then making ALL the shrouding ones. That's just luck, though).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast