BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Post Operation: Orders of the Inquisition

Alright guys as BoLSers I feel we have the ability and drive, to do better than GW and re-make the Inquisition Codices. So I hear-by launch this effort with several of my personal ideas, let us re-make these codices!

~HQ~

Lord Inquisitor 0-1

Inquisitor

Grey Knight Hero 0-1

Sister of Battle Cannoness 0-1

Deathwatch Librarian 0-1

~Elites~

Officio Assassin 0-1

Death Cult Assassin Squad

Grey Knight Terminators 0-1

Death Watch Assault-Team 0-1

Acro-Flagellants 0-2

Martyr Squad

~Troops~

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers

Sister of Battle Squad 0-3

Grey Knight Squad 0-3

Death Watch Kill-Team -03

~Fast Attack~

Immoliator

Seraphim Squad 0-1

Arbites Strike Team

Dominion Squad 0-1

~Heavy Support~

Land Raider

Land Raider Redeemer

Land Raider Crusader

Grey Knight Dreadnought 0-2

Exorcist Launcher 0-1

Sisters of Battle Retributor Squad 0-2

Grey Knight Purgatus Squad 0-2

Death-Watch Anathema Squad 0-2

~By the Authority of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind!~
    (May only be taken if an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord is part of the Force)
    (Troops taken from this list meet the required 2 mandatory troops of the FOC)

Tactical Squad 0-2

Scout Squad 0-2

Infantry Platoon 0-3

Veteran Squad 0-3

Iron-Clad Dreadnought 0-1*

Dreadnought 0-1*

Terminator Squad 0-1*

Ogryn Squad 0-1

Ratling Squad 0-1

Psyker Battle Squad 0-1

Hellhound Squadron (Including Variants) 0-1

Valkyrie Squadron 0-2

Vendetta Squadron 0-1

Armored Sentinel Squadron 0-2

Scout Sentinel Squadron 0-2

Land Speeder Squadron 0-1

Leman Russ Squadron (Including Variants) 0-1**

Artillery Support Squadron (Including Variants) 0-1**

Manticore Missile Launcher 0-1**

Hydra Flak Tank Battery 0-1

(*: Only one Iron-Clad, Dreadnought, or Terminator Squad may be taken per Army)
    (**: Only one Leman Russ Squadron, Artillery Support Squadron, or Manticore Missile Launcher may be taken per Army)

Right that is what I've gotten so far, shoot away dear friends!

Grey Knights
    Statline: +1 attack, but Grey Knights get no charge bonus.
    Wargear: Unchanged
    The Aegis: Unchanged
    Rites of Exorcism: Chaos Icons (of any kind) within 6" of a Grey Knight do not work. Grey Knights count as having defensive grenades against Daemons. Daemons that charge a unit of Grey Knights must test as though charging through difficult terrain.
    The Shrouding:Reroll all successful rolls to wound from shooting attacks against Grey Knights. 5+ Invul. save in close combat.

Up to two Grey Knights may exchange their Nemesis Force Weapon and Stormbolter for a:
    -Incinerator...Free
    -Psycannon...+10 pts

GKT
    See above for special rules changes. Leave the profile as is, but change the wargear options to:
    -Incinerator...+10
    -Psycannon...+15
    -Holocaust...Free for 10-man squads, +5 pts for smaller squads.
    -Keep the option to take TH/SS, but use the newer rules. If the Brother-Captain takes this option, he gets a Daemonhammer instead.

-][- Stormtroopers
    Statline: Unchanged
    Wargear: Hellgun, Hellpistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag & Krak Grenades.
    Hellgun: 24" S4 AP- Rapid Fire
    Hellpistol: 12" S4 AP- Pistol
    Sergeant may exhcange his Hellgun for a:
    -Boltgun...+2 pts
    Sergeant may exchange his Hellgun* or Hellpistol for a:
    -Plasma Pistol...+10 pts
    -Bolt Pistol...+2 pts
    Sergeant may exchange his Close Combat Weapon for a:
    -Power Weapon...+10 pts
    -Power Fist...+15 pts
    Up to two Stormtroopers may exchange their Hellgun for a:
    -Flamer or Grenade launcher...+5 pts
    -Meltagun...+10 pts
    -Plasma Gun...+15 pts
    Each Stormtrooper Squad must select which Order of the Inquisition it is from:
    -Ordo Xenos: Any Stormtrooper may exchange his Hellgun for a Boltgun with Hellfire Rounds for +5 pts.
    -Ordo Malleus: The Sergeant receives a Teleport Homer, and one Stormtrooper may upgrade his Flamer to an Incinerator for +10 pts.
    -Ordo Hereticus: Any Stormtrooper may exchange his Hellgun for a Shotgun (12" S4 AP- Assault 2/6-18" S4 AP5 Assult 1, Twin-linked, Ignores cover)**.

*The chance for dual-wielding pistols is too fun to pass up
    **Credit to BoLS for coming up with the rules for Executioner rounds.
    Last edited by Dunadan; 09-18-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Lord Inquisitor 0-1 75pts
    Statline: 4/4/3/3/3/4/3/10/3+ 4++
    Special Rules: Stubborn
    Wargear: Bolt Pistol, Power Armor, Rosarius, Bolt Gun, Power Weapon
    Options:
    May Take... (Note: Only one type on rounds maybe taken, fumbling with so much ammo in combat is a sure way to die...)
    -Hellfire Rounds +5pts
    -Psycannon Rounds +5pts
    -Psychic Hood +10pts (Only if the Inquisitor takes a Psychic Power, Powers listed below.)
    -Familiar +5pts (+1 I, may take an additional psychic power.) (Only if the Inquisitor takes a Psychic Power, Powers listed below.)
    -Digi Weapons +5pts
    -Orbital Relay +20pts (New War Gear Described below)
    May Exchange Bolt Gun or Bolt Pistol for...
    -Combi-Weapon +5pts
    -Psycannon +10pts
    -Plasma Gun +10pts
    -Plasma Pistol +10pts*
    May Exchange Power Weapon or Bolt Pistol for...
    -Force Weapon +15pts
    -Relic Weapon +15pts
    -Daemon Hammer +20pts
    -Thunder Hammer +15pts
    -Plasma Pistol +10pts*
    -Storm Shield +15pts

Psychic Powers: (Taking Psychic Powers counts the Inquisitor as a Psyker.) (M-Movement Phase, S-Shooting Phase, A-Assault Phase)

S-Purgatus +20pts (Contested Leadership roll, success, opponent loses 1 wound no saves and permanent -3 leadership.)
    S-Scouring +10pts (Range: 24", Strength: 4, AP: 3, Assault: 3, Ignores Invulnerable Saves.)
    A-His Will Be Done +10pts (Each wound in Melee caused by the Inquisitor counts for two for combat resolution purposes.)
    M-Sanctuary: +20pts (All enemy units with 3" of the Inquisitor are pushed back to the minimum required distance, around terrain as necessary, enemy units may not charge the Inquisitor and his unit, shooting attacks directed against the Inquisitor and his unit fail. The Inquisitor and his unit may take no other actions during their turn, and do not count as scoring.) (This Power may be used even if the psyker is in CC, thereby removing himself, and most likely his unit, from the combat, possibly ending it.)
    A-Hammerhand: +15pts (The Inquisitor wounds his opponents on a 2+, and is treated as Strength 9 for the purpose of assaulting vehicles.) (The Inquisitor will forsake the use of any melee weapons he posses in the turn in which he uses this power and will be unable to claim any bonuses awarded from them.)
    M-Cauterizing Light: 20pts (Every model in the Inquisitors unit gains Feel no Pain until its next movement phase, and suffers a strength 4 wound, armor saves allowed as normal.)
    S-Burning Helix: 25pts (Range: 18", Strength: 7, AP: 2, Heavy 1, Large Blast)
    S-Divine Pronouncement: 5pts (Target enemy unit within 24" takes a leadership test at a -2)

Orbital Relay: Range: Unlimited, Strength: 10, AP: 1, Assault 1, Large Blast, Pinning. The Inquisitors armor is equipped with an advanced targeting array, once per game the Inquisitor may call down a limited Orbital Strike from an orbiting vessel to crush his opponents strong points. (Do to time delay, positioning or countless other factors this ability may only be used from the second turn onward.)

* (If two pistols are taken, they count as twin-linked, if they are different types either profile maybe used.)

Blessings: Inquisitors are undoubtedly exceptional individuals with incredible qualities as such an Inquisitor may purchase any one of the following abilities while Inquisitor Lords may purchase two. (Duplicates may not be purchased on a single model.)

5pts-Hawk-Eyed: +2 BS
    5pts-Skilled Duelist: +2 WS
    5pts-Strong Arm: +1 Strength
    5pts-Lightning Reflexes: +2 Initiative
    15pts-Body of Stone: Eternal Warrior
    10pts-Iron Will: May pass or fail any morale test.
    15pts-Skilled Psyker: May choose an additional Psychic Power and use an additional Psychic Power per turn.
    15pts-Boundless Faith: +2 Faith Points
    15pts-Skilled Tactician: During deployment choose one unit, that unit gains Scout or Infiltrate.
    30pts-Man of Steel: +1 Wound, +1 Toughness, +1 Strength, Ponderous**
    20pts-Sealed Soul: Any psychic power that would effect the Inquisitor fails and the caster suffers a Perils of the Warp, Unable to take psychic powers.

** Ponderous: A ponderous unit always moves as if in difficult terrain, strikes last in Initiative regardless of other factors, and any transport with a front armor of less than 14 moves only 6+d6" at cruising speed.

Ok comments, thoughts, screams of terror?
    Last edited by Inquisitor Soren; 09-18-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Noted a serious issue with Dual hellfire/psycannon rounds on one guy...

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, some really great material there guys, I love all of it. What I would like from this thread is a) some playtest results b) some reactions from the BoLS guys who have a lot of experience in this kind of project.

EDIT: Storm Troopers should def get Krak grenades standard I think.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Atrotos View Post
    Wow, some really great material there guys, I love all of it. What I would like from this thread is a) some playtest results b) some reactions from the BoLS guys who have a lot of experience in this kind of project.

EDIT: Storm Troopers should def get Krak grenades standard I think.
    I agree. Kraks should come with them.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the comment, appreciated, now onto the next one GKH

Grey Knight Hero 0-1 175pts
    5/5/4/4/3/5/5/2+ 4++
    Wargear: Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Nemesis Force Weapon, Psychic Hood, Icon of the Just, Cleansing Incense*

Special Rules: Fearless, True Grit, The Shrouding*, Rites of Exorcism*, Aegis*, Psyker

May take...
    Psycannon rounds +5pts
    Digi Weapons +5pts

May replace Nemesis Force Weapon with...
    Daemon Hammer** +30pts

May replace Storm Bolter with...
    Psycannon +15pts
    Storm Shield +15pts
    Daemon Hammer** +45pts

Psychic Powers:

A-His Will Be Done +10pts (Each wound in Melee caused by the Grey Knight counts for two for combat resolution purposes.)
    M-Cauterizing Light: 20pts (Every model in the Grey Knight Hero's unit gains Feel no Pain until its next movement phase, and suffers a strength 4 wound, armor saves allowed as normal.)
    M-Sanctuary: +20pts (All enemy units with 3" of the Grey Knight Hero are pushed back to the minimum required distance, around terrain as necessary, enemy units may not charge the Hero and his unit, shooting attacks directed against the Hero and his unit fail. The Inquisitor and his unit may take no other actions during their turn, and do not count as scoring.) (This Power may be used even if the psyker is in CC, thereby removing himself, and most likely his unit, from the combat, possibly ending it.)
    S-Burning Helix: 25pts (Range: 18", Strength: 7, AP: 2, Heavy 1, Large Blast)

Special Rules*

The Shrouding: Any wounds inflicted by shooting attacks are re-rolled.
    Rites of Exorcism: Daemons and Chaos models within 6" of a Grey Knight lose one attack and one initiative.
    Aegis: Any psychic power used against a Grey Knight is negated on a roll of 5+. (A psychic hood may first be used to attempt to negate a power.)
    Cleansing Incense: Models within 3" of a model bearing Cleansing Incense are unable to suffer Perils of the Warp.

Dual Daemon Hammers**

The Emperor's Wrath: Any enemy unit that is wounded twice in one round by a model wielding twin Daemon Hammers suffers instant death. Regardless of saves made or failed... (Creatures immune to instant death suffer two additional wounds, saves allowed as normal.)
    Last edited by Inquisitor Soren; 09-18-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Balancing

Veteran-Sergeant

125 is imo 25-50 pts too cheap for this guy does...

Why does the GKH have the option to take Helffire rounds? Doesn't make much sense.

Don't be lazy! Change the wording on rules that affect a different kind of unit. The psychic powers available to the GKH should not reference an Inquisitor.

Brother-Sergeant

Agreed I was rushing and lazy, fixed now.

Your right again I discussed it with my brother and HF rounds are gone.

He is also now priced up as well, Shrouding may warrant it a little higher though so, eh.

Thanks for the help! Lets keep this going!

Added some more effects to Rites of Exorcism(see my original post).

Should units with Heavy weapons be able to take Suspensors for +5 pts?

Suspensor: Any Heavy weapon with a Suspensor may be fired as an Assault weapon at half the range. Both Psycannons and Deathwatch Heavy Bolters are described as having Suspensors, so there is fluff precedence for this. Stormtroopers could take Heavy Stubbers w/ Suspensors for +10 pts?

Brother-Sergeant

Ya there is fluff for it, and I could see it, +5pts sounds ok till we can get a play run.

Heavy Stubbs are meh, honestly thats making a H Stubber what 20pts? For range 18, str 4, ap 6, assault 3 weapon...I'd rather take a melta honestly. Not all that competitive.

I think executioner rounds should be an upgrade honestly, maybe +25pts for the entire unit.

Be starting on the Cannoness here in a little bit, but I'm thinking Cauterizing Light may need a point buff, 2+/3++ FNP Thunder Hammer Terms is kinda scary and a little screwed up.

Holocaust is gonna be a GKT only ability, something to make them a little more unique and interesting.

Here is the Cannoness...

Cannoness 100pts
    4/4/3/3/3/4/3/10/3+ 4++
    Special Rules: Stubborn, Faithful* (2)
    Wargear: Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Power Armor, Rosarius, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

May take...
    Psycannon Bolts: 5pts
    Book of St. Lucius: 15pts
    Cloak of St. Aspira: 20pts
    Jump Pack: 15pts
    Melta Bombs: 5pts
    Litanies of Faith: 20pts
    Mantle of Ophelia: 25pts

May replace Bolt Gun or Bolt Pistol with one of the following...
    Plasma Pistol: 15pts
    Inferno Pistol: 15pts
    Combi-Weapon: 5pts
    Melta Gun: 10pts
    Plasma Gun: 10pts

May replace Bolt Pistol of Close Combat Weapon with one of the following...
    Power Weapon: 10pts
    Power Fist: 15pts
    Eviscerator: 20pts
    Relic Weapon: 15pts
    Plasma Pistol: 20pts
    Inferno Pistol: 20pts

Faithful: This unit contributes Faith Points and may use Acts of Faith.
    Any psychic power used against a Sister of Battle is negated on a roll of 5+. (A psychic hood may NOT be used to attempt to negate the power first.)

Inferno Pistol: Range: 12", Strength: 8, AP: 1, Melta

(If two pistols are taken, they count as twin-linked, if they are different types either profile maybe used.)

I honestly feel that the Inferno Pistol needed a buff, tell me whatcha all think.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Soren; 09-18-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast