BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For WE's. - Drop point costs across the board. In some cases - hugely.
    - Change Wardancer's dances - change unit size cap
    -Give lvl1-2s access to more lores
    -Make more kindreds useful
    -Let the bsb take a shield
    -Increase point cost on Wand of wych elm

Besides all that, I'm quite happy with them as they are...

Scout

For brets:
    - give knights devastating charge...as soon as I saw this rule I picutred it going perfectly with my knights
    - make men at arms ws3
    - make grail knights t4
    - give the knights a initiative boost when they charge...not just for Bret knights, I feel that using a lance on the charge should give a boost to initiative on the charge, as well as a strength bonus.
    - keep the super cheap HKB...^_^

Every game I play with Grail Knights my opponent assumes they are T4. It is siltly that they are not.
    On another note - once played a Bret player who relorted that he experimented with giving he knights devestating charge. He said it made almost no difference. Interesting... been meaning to check it out for myself (using mathhammer).

Chaplain

Wood Elves;
    Army wide; Maybe hatred to models with a 3+ or better armour save?

Glade Guard- drop a point. Also Scarloc as an upgradeable character with hail of doom arrows- he can shoot one every turn?

Glade Riders- drop three points to be equal to ellyrian reavers.

Eternal guard- drop three points so same as HE spearmen (they basically are that stat wise anyway).

Dryads- New rule- can enter play from reserve via a piece of terrain not in opponents deployment zone. Add small trees/plants to the piece of terrain if it is not a forest to show the effects of the dryads presence. If it is a forest you don't have to tell your opponent (hidden like assassins or fanatics). This allows WE another opportunity to get flank/rear charges and negate enemy horde bonus attacks, rank bonus, and spear bonus.

Wardancers- Add that dance that means drawn combat but no attacks made. Bring back Wychwethel as a wardancer hero. Maybe a special rule (revised drum of orcskin?) that he wins drawn combats (like a musician), but unlike normal musicians he still counts in conjunction with no attacks dance. This is to help against low leadership horde armies.

Wild Riders- how do we feel about them getting an optional upgrade of riding stags? So they can go toe-to-toe and charge wildly at the other monstrous cavalry out there?

New units- Medium monsters, ogre height with branches having grown over them, and into them and through them so they are possessed by forest spirits. Big wolves seem a bit over-done at the moment. Dire-bears? Something big, hunched, with powerful mauling forelimbs and of the mammal variety seems in order....

New Units- Sacred Treeman- a HUUUUGE treeman who normally stand sentry around one of the sacred glades. Magic ability (lore of death from weeping glade, life from the kings glade, beasts from equos etc etc...)
    same kit makes one of the Northern Sentinels- not the big lumps of rock but actually tree-men with armour and weapons made of specially sung stone (with vines growing over them) and sculpted from rock faces to make them look more like wood elves...
    New/old unit- Equos chariots- can we make the chariot body itself a treekin?

1) Army Wide Rule - Camouflage. LOS cannot be drawn to Wood Elf units through forests.
    2) Army Specific Rule - Guerrillas - Wood Elf Skirmishers are much less regimented than other skirmishers. They are not required to maintain skirmish formation, and may draw LOS from their side arcs.
    3) Lore of Athel Loren - more shooting bonuses, Treesinging as the Lore Attribute, drop the direct damage spell since Treesinging can already do damage.
    4) Cav - not sure how to fix WE cav, but something should be done.
    5) Hit and Run - more of it, on more units. Wardancers should get it. Maybe our Cav get it and that's how we fix them.
    6) Points costs - all need adjusting, mostly to lower costs.
    7) Forest Spirits - either give them a true ward or make that 5+ a Regeneration save.
    8) Wizards - in addition to Athel Loren, L1-2 Mages have Access to Beasts & Life, L3-4 have access to Beasts, Life, Light, & Shadow.
    8) Since this is a new release, a giant kit needs to be in there - Sacred Oak - big treeman, immobile, counts as a forest so he can only be moved with Treesinging. Big umbrella of positive effects for WE units, slightly different effects on Forest Spirits.

I expect absolutely none of this to actually happen.

First-Captain

Brettonians,
    make Men at arms trained soldiers, ws 3 at least, drop points with only HW&S as standard, they should have the Parry save.
    Obv give them the option to buy spears/polearms.

Give the brett knights thundering charge, It gives them devastating charge and the ability to break the Stubbornness of horde units. Afterall purebreed horse is a crappy rule with new charge rules. 1" extra charge.....

Oh and give brets a new monster central unit.
    Maybe a monstrous Ghost horse.
    For the Greater good.

I recenty read the old, old Bret book and something stood out to me. They could take up to 75% of their force as charaacters. I know this would not work in the current rules, but with enough special ruled to nullify resolution it could be fun.
    Also, I don't think anything about the M@A needs fixing. The peasants are doing just fine as of now from what I have experienced.

Scout

Well, for Woodelves there ist one point (especially for tree spirits of all kinds):
    Make them unaffected by forests ...

I mean, well, they are Woodelves ...

On the other hand, maybe some options to negate the hordes bonus and/or the stubborn rule

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12