BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Forge World "pre-heresy" tank crew are finecast

It kind of blew my mind when I opened the box, but the tank crew are packaged in a clamshell like other Finecast products and upon opening the pack, found that they are definitely Finecast and not any of the resins that I am familiar with seeing from FW( I have a lot of FW crap).

That said, the quality of the tank crew is better than any other FC model I've ever purchased.

Brother-Sergeant

Scratch the quality comment. Lots of hidden bubbles that I hadn't seen upon quick inspection

Veteran-Sergeant

"Failcost" strikes again!

Sorry to hear about the poor quality of the models. Are you going to try to have their customer service send you new ones?
    Last edited by ChacoStylez; 03-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.

It won't actually be Finecast, FW use a variety of resins and Finecast used machines to pour and spin the resin in the mulds. Forge World hand pour. You just got a dodgy cast in a clampack.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I recently got a relic contemptor and difference of the resin was very different than the resin of the termi shoulder pads I got a while ago. The shoulder pads were a much softer resin while the contemptor is almost too stiff to work with. But I am impressed I got done the air bubbles others have been complaining about.

Chaplain

not to sure if i am happy or sad that FW is using finecast.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It won't actually be Finecast, FW use a variety of resins and Finecast used machines to pour and spin the resin in the mulds. Forge World hand pour. You just got a dodgy cast in a clampack.
    Perhaps you should buy the model pack and look for yourself. It is very clearly Finecast when you handle it.

I have easily several thousand dollars worth of FW models sitting on the shelves above my desk, and several years experience working with their kits. It's pretty easy to tell the difference in materials when you're working with them. Set side by side with the new Space Wolves Lord on Thunderwolf, it is the exact same material formed in the exact same type of sprue/frame. Not using large block style vents like FW uses for resins.

I'd take some photos, but I've already built the tank crews.

@Vharing: That is fairly normal, as Eldargal said. FW uses a variety of different resins(buy a Heirophant Bio Titan. I believe it includes parts in 3 different resins). The thing that gives the finecast nature away is that the parts are on a sprue/frame rather than just having large block style vents hangning off of the pieces.

Forge World tested some of the techniques used for Finecast (the sprues), but they do not use Finecast resin. This has been brought up repeatedly on the FW Facebook site and always gets the same response.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Forge World tested some of the techniques used for Finecast (the sprues), but they do not use Finecast resin. This has been brought up repeatedly on the FW Facebook site and always gets the same response.
    Would you like to say sorry to my good friend Regnir now given the front page evidence to the contrary of what you've stated?

I'm starting to think there's member on here that are working for GW in some capacity as a PR machine.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast