BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Is my monitor out of whack or have FW painted their titan metallic pink?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

It's just really bad wash-out from the overhead lights, probably because they had to shoot the pic from directly above since the pieces are so big.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Is my monitor out of whack or have FW painted their titan metallic pink?
    Absolutely metallic pink
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The FW Mars Warlord titan head came out today so it looks like a breach birth.......

I'm pleased with the overall shape of the head but the size is a concern. Obviously there must be a 3 man cockpit crew so it has to be bigger than the Reaver head. The 'Face' is long rather than squat like the Reaver so I see a lot of the Dave Smith version and my own. In the FW tradition the cockpit helmet comes off to reveal the interior; I guess it's just a case of wait and see how the sizes compare. FW is sticking with the ball gimbal neck so the head won't be movable; that's disappointing but can be circumvented.
    Last edited by Blackadder; 05-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Meh!

I have to say after all the hype the debut poster is rather uninspired:

The painting is pretty mediocre and the model looks like all the recent gangling Mars kniggets that FW has been offering.

What a disappointment...............
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

A real image in the flesh, er, resin...........

albeit with an alternate Helmet.............

I still respect the skill and dedication required to construct your own.

I don't play Warhammer, I don't even really know anything about it, yet this thread has been on my bookmarks bar for more than two years because of the stunning, jaw-dropping, amazing work that you've done. You should be proud BlackAdder, you've done well.

My Two Cents:

There's nothing wrong with buying models, I've bought many in my time but the cost of models and resin models in particular has skyrocketed over the past few years and something must be done (at least in my case 'cause my kids gotta eat....) to offset the dollar drain. I offered an alternative and try to show what can be done when your budget won't allow dumping thousands of hard earned dollars on miniatures. A good case in point are the incredible Russian 40K forums that specialize in paper craft; producing high quality FW models out of paper. I learned a lot from joining those sites and believe me many of the artists there would put any one of us to shame with their skill at reproducing models indistinguishable for the resin originals. Now FW has offered what I consider a pretty mediocre $2000 dollar Warlord capitalizing on their name and rep. The model is nothing more than an undersized up scaled 'Knight' titan with very little innovation and imagination in it's execution and presentation (cripes couldn't they show it as a side by side with a Reaver and Warhound???? They wouldn't dare because it's too small!!! A minimum of 26 inches by their own formula is the requisite size for a Warlord and theirs computes 3 inches deficient.......). I'm thankful that I built my own Warlord but had they offered a reasonable production Mars Warlord uncompromised in size and grandeur I would have had my order in already.

E.L.M.E.R. Gantry:

I've been thinking of making a base for my titans ever since I built them instead putting them on a shelf. I was walking past a neighbor's house the other day and they were throwing out one of those cheap plastic shelf units and there it was, the perfect setting for my titans with room enough for three.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/XXzuZ9F.jpg[/url]

The unit is tall enough to accommodate the Warlord with swing away arms overhead cranes and with a few girders, and staircases, safety rails, and intermediate maintenance platforms this could make the ideal display stand /display case.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/XUz53ZD.jpg[/url]

With lighting, maintenance vehicles, and personnel this could be quite a focal point in my den.
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/v1LCohL.jpg[/url]

Now I need a group of descriptive words for the acronym E.L.M.E.R.

Any ideas?

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast