BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Some Thoughts on My Warlord Titan Hangar:

The following is in answer to a post on another forum but it pretty well delineates my intentions regarding this construction:

Granted in it's initial state being fresh (Ahem; figuratively speaking) out of the recycling bin it is little more than a set of cheap plastic shelves but yes I am going to add beam mounted e.g.

four way overhead track traveling cranes with electromagnetic lifting heads (Rare earth magnets) on all four levels for moving heavy components.

and:

Plus catwalks aplenty, recessed tracks for small cranes, and hangar support vehicles, oodles of suitable pseudo-religious 40K artifacts, tech priest enclaves, and I'm hoping to find 28 MM ground maintenance personnel and a few Sentinel Heavy Lifters to dress up the hangar.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.............

Don't forget, my Lucius Warlord was once just so many styrene sheets and recycled bottlecaps... Ha!

My goal is to make a stable display stand/diorama for my titan to be stored in when not in play as while it does have the capability of standing unaided for days on end it has toppled over on occasion incurring time consuming repairs. I'd prefer not to have to be continually rebuilding it. Plus this will make a handy storage/display area for my other two titans as well.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

An Interesting Image:

Found this comparison image on the internet and superimposed the skulls which are virtually the same size.

One might extrapolate based on this image that the Lucius Warlord stands taller than the Mars by a considerable amount.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Battle-Brother

When I went down to Nottingham on sunday, I asked about Lucius pattern stuff,
    They told me they weren't planning on a Lucius Warlord, and indeed had stopped making the Lucius warhound quite some time back.

We did discuss the notion of making plasticard Lucius Plating for the Warlord that could be swapped with the Mars Pattern rounded pieces. Everyone concerned was pretty intrigued by the idea

The proportions might be a little different, but the aesthetic is definitely feasible!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruadhan2300 View Post
    When I went down to Nottingham on sunday, I asked about Lucius pattern stuff,
    They told me they weren't planning on a Lucius Warlord, and indeed had stopped making the Lucius warhound quite some time back.

We did discuss the notion of making plasticard Lucius Plating for the Warlord that could be swapped with the Mars Pattern rounded pieces. Everyone concerned was pretty intrigued by the idea

The proportions might be a little different, but the aesthetic is definitely feasible!
    Clearly I reside on the wrong side of the pond.

You say everyone was intrigued by the plasticard Lucius plating; does that mean FW designers and/or employees or hobbyists in general and are they acquainted with my Reaver conversion?

Anyway thanks for asking and sharing.

Auto Focus Failure

There is something wrong with my camera's auto focus

[url]http://i.imgur.com/xpqhJjB.jpg[/url]

But these two images convey the gist of the subject at hand namely the priming of the Gantry so with another camera later on I shall be presenting the cranes and paraphernalia requisite for a heavy equipment maintenance area.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/8CIMIkB.jpg[/url]

Right now with the overall gantry primed gray I think it shows off Luteus in a fine setting for display purposes

[url]http://i.imgur.com/LNvYtEZ.jpg[/url]

Providing of course you have oodles of empty space in your "Man Cave"....Ha!

Brother-Captain

Does it dock somehow at the back or does the design of the titan prevent faceplanting?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Does it dock somehow at the back or does the design of the titan prevent faceplanting?
    I plan to have the "Door to Nowhere" line up with the second level with a loading ramp/catwalk; surprisingly I haven't attempted that as yet. Perhaps today I'll take some images of the door and the alignment..............

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Clearly I reside on the wrong side of the pond.

You say everyone was intrigued by the plasticard Lucius plating; does that mean FW designers and/or employees or hobbyists in general and are they acquainted with my Reaver conversion?

Anyway thanks for asking and sharing.
    I was talking to the shop-floor guys at the Forgeworld store about the plating, I didn't mention yours at the time but I can't imagine they aren't aware of it, BoLS has made more than a few mentions of the warlord on facebook and it's got a surprising amount of coverage
    The reaver less-so I think

Given all the armour plates on the FW Warlord are attached on struts, I can't imagine it wouldn't be feasible to build the Lucius plates and fit them to the same sockets.

Chapter-Master

Don't get me wrong, I really like the FW model. But there are some aspects that say 'anime' to me more than 40k. I'll take a Blackadder Lucius over the FW any day (but I'd skip the lighting because I suck at that part!)

Cracking work as always!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Back To the Warlord:

While I am designing the T'hawk cockpit interior I ran across my Tech priests for the Warlord. I'd forgotten I made these to go in the upper gallery of the Warlord interior in the altar area.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/x6jTfb8.jpg[/url]

Since then I made a few priest consoles and added a FW production Tech Enginseer.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/VV8Pw7i.jpg[/url]

The problem with you Blackadder is, "You can't paint!"

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast