Extra Lemmings Means Everyone Runs

just a few thoughts...
    na na na na na... wut?

Sit down Lurker

Got it:

EXTRAVEHICULAR LEGIOS MECHANICUS EVALUATION & REPAIR Gantry

Thanks for all the suggestions, I got the two 'E's '&'

I actually liked "Rostrum"
    Last edited by Blackadder; 05-28-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Thanks for all your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagoc The Ancient View Post
    BlackAdder, found something on Natfka you might be interested in.
    [url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/warlord-titan-comparisons-from.html[/url]

Finally a comparison shot and thank you. It's what I have always thought since first seeing the new titan (and pretty much the mistake I made when I did a concept study of my Warlord in scrap plastic paneling):

Written 2010/8/16 when I had just started my Lucius Warlord...........

Whew, were has the summer gone? I had hopes of rendering the basic structure and working on the detail this winter but no such luck plus there are serious errors in scale comparing the the body to the legs and waist. Just to prove the Blackadder is as fallible as they come here is my effort thus far ridiculously out of proportion. The legs are easily 2 to 4 inches too short and the model as it stands is only 19 inches tall. By adding 4 inches to the legs and topping the carapace with the void shield generator housings that should bring it to the goal height of 28 inches.

The difference is I recognized my mistake; it looks like FW studied it and copied it, Ha!.

When I build this ( The FW Warlord) I shall lengthen the legs at least 3 inches..........
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

E.L.M.E.R. Gantry:

I took a week of to arrange my work area as things were getting pretty messy with all the projects going at once and I was rapidly running out of work space.

I did manage to cut out the intermediate deck of the E.L.M.E.R. Gantry (EXTRAVEHICULAR LEGIOS MECHANICUS EVALUATION & REPAIR Gantry) to receive the fully assembled Warlord; the gantry takes up all my paint work table space and hopefully when finished will provide both a display diorama fitting for such a construct plus a safe container to house the model in in one piece rather than separate the hull from the legs to prevent toppling as I do now.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/atyfd1n.jpg[/url]

Something seems wrong with the focus on my camera but in the images presented ther is the new beginning of the command deck hologram tactical display plus a Space Marine for scale.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/zaIi3OR.jpg[/url]

Glorious.
    (Dark Angels 40K)Interrogator-Chaplain Ezrit's Dark Hunters: 5000 Points.
    (Mechanicum 30K)The Frontier Maniple of Archmagos-Gladius Daschiel Glass: 575 Points.

Blackadders one look a lot better than GW:s imo..

Sweet, Looking forward to the finished piece!
    na na na na na... wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Blackadders one look a lot better than GW:s imo..
    ForgeWorld's Warlord is the Mars Pattern, smallest type of Warlord. Blackadder's is the or one of the bigger versions.

Anyway, looks good
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Battle-Brother

I'm loving the gantry.

Odd question, with the Titan walking, I imagine it sways a bit...surely it'd be hard for it to move out of the gantry without hitting it?

Maybe add some massive hydraulics to retract the gantry?

I might be overthinking things.

Also, according the Skitarii codex, Lucius pattern titans (in particular the Legio Astorum) are unique in that they are deployed into battle by teleportation...something the Lucian mechanicum are justifiably extremely proud of.
    Explaining neatly why Lucius Warlords are so much bigger than Mars pattern. they have to make room for the teleportation gear within the chassis!

I can only equate it with the way we brought large commercial aircraft into and out of the hangar We used to taxi the nose of the craft into the hangar and then tow it in the rest of the way. There was a gate in the top that had to be opened to allow for the tail to be brought in. That gate was about 4 feet wide and the clearance on some aircraft was measured in inches. Pushing it out again was where the real skill came in as the tug, nose wheel and tow bar formed a double axled system that require a lot of steering dexterity much more than backing up a semi-trailer; kind of like pushing a rope. I supposed like in that example maneuvering a titan into and out of the bay would require a bit of skill.