BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

If everyone in the game had assault grenades, then what's the point in even bothering with the assaulting through cover rules?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    If everyone in the game had assault grenades, then what's the point in even bothering with the assaulting through cover rules?
    yep, your right. but with the rules now most armies can give their squads assault grenades and its just for a couple points. the squads that don't get assault grenades usually get attachable guy attached to them that can get assault grenades. now everyone gets assault grenades and cover is just good when your being shot at
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Need to play more armies I think. I run into cover mattering fairly regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic marine View Post
    yep, your right. but with the rules now most armies can give their squads assault grenades and its just for a couple points. the squads that don't get assault grenades usually get attachable guy attached to them that can get assault grenades. now everyone gets assault grenades and cover is just good when your being shot at
    Kind of like how morale checks are for the most part ignored or highly unlikely to fail because of a mix of Ld 10, fearless or ATSKNF that seems to be in nearly every army.

Brother-Sergeant

Well, I know my Sisters just got the auto-include grenades which was rather nice.

With my Orks though, well, I can buy Stikkbombs for most of my units, but I usually don't bother since Marines are pretty prevalent in my area and whether I'm hitting at I2/3 or I1, I still hit last most of the time. It just doesn't make sense to pay more points to do the same thing.

I can see starting to pay for Stikkbombs if I2 and I3 armies start to become more popular where I play, but it's likely to be a little while before that happens.

Chaplain

I always forget my sisters have grenades, it's abit embarrassing really when your whole squad has krak grenades and you just stand there taking it from a dreadnought and then find out later its awesome sauce.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12