BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Heresy Modeling - Nephlim (Advanced Cherub) Young Child Angel Model

Hi guys I need your expertise I am going to scratch build a wonderful model for my familiar a Nephlim (Advanced Cherub) now I do not like the idea of the chubby near new born cherbus. To be more exact the donor of the body in game was that of a female child of around 6 years old that was dying and her last wish was to be of service to the God Emperor after she had managed to keep her younger friends from being discovered by the cult in the underhive. My idea is to model tis young girl as a child angel going with the same concepts in the limits of what can be done. Anyone have a recommendation for base models to work with or suggestions how to sculpt the model?

Wow lots of views but no suggestions on what would be a good model to start this project from. Anyone got suggestions?

With the number of views is it safe to assume that we do not have a base model to work from for a project like this and that I will need to do a complete original sculpt?

Chapter-Master

Haha, so you don't feel like you're being completely dissed:

I looked around and had trouble coming up with anything that would work as a Nephalim. Everything 'cherub' ish that iv'e seen is of the younger variety. I'll keep looking and if I see anything I'll give you a heads up.

Thanks mate all the help that you can give is welcomed.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lednera View Post
    Hi guys I need your expertise I am going to scratch build a wonderful model for my familiar a Nephlim (Advanced Cherub) now I do not like the idea of the chubby near new born cherbus. To be more exact the donor of the body in game was that of a female child of around 6 years old that was dying and her last wish was to be of service to the God Emperor after she had managed to keep her younger friends from being discovered by the cult in the underhive. My idea is to model tis young girl as a child angel going with the same concepts in the limits of what can be done. Anyone have a recommendation for base models to work with or suggestions how to sculpt the model?
    Given that there's little physical difference between a boy and a girl at 6years old, I would recommend looking at Hasslefree's Juvenile miniatures, particularly the demon child. That one will be best for the conversion work.

Veteran-Sergeant

What scale is dark heresy ... normal 40k ?...inq ?...its the rpg 40k game...right ?

yes it is the 40k RPG well the first one the second being Rogue Trader. I play it with the standard 40k 28mm heroic scale so I can swap the miniatures in and out of my Inquisition army. Thanks mate also on the lead for the figure will check it out and tell you guys what I think and keep you guys updated on the project.

Update:
    Checked the miniatures offered on that site and I think I might work with a base of this one
    [url]http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1372[/url]
    the next question is should I do green stuff wings or use some of the GW range of wings or look for some one else that have good small wings to fit the scale?
    Last edited by Lednera; 09-21-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Updating

Veteran-Sergeant

Reaper has some child figures too...why I asked about size...thou I like the ones from hasselfree the most. Hasselfree has a set of nice angelwings too [URL]http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=60[/URL]

Edit: The helmet wings btw, since the other ones are to big....just what I think

Edit2: What about
    [URL]http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1600[/URL]

And
    [URL]http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1012[/URL]

Instead...I realy like the last one ;D....teddy and a gun...sooo kewl
    Last edited by Crae; 09-21-2009 at 03:10 PM.